Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2

Blackberry Link won't sync Contacts

I use Blackberry Link to transfer my data from my BB9700. It will not transer my Contacts information, have not sync my contacts with any online service like Gmail or Hotmail but Blackberry Link appears to think that I have. There is no longer outlook support on BB10. so I have 640 contacts stranded on my old device. Any ideas

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8830
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Blackberry Link won't sync Contacts

While it's not available yet Deja Office / Companion Link claims they will pick up the ball from where Blackberry dropped it in the mud then stepped on it on the way to their release party and provide BB10 sync with Outlook. Other than that I don't know what else to tell you.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

I am having the exact same problem. I verified on both devices that i do not accidentally have contacts syncing with an email server remotely (ex. Gmail, hotmail), and transfered and reset the z10 a few times to reload the info from my bold...still no luck with the contacts.

I am going to reactivate my bold tomorrow until this gets sorted. I need my contacts! 

I wasso excited for bb10 to come out, but I am disappointed that they didn't seem to think some basic things through that bb users use bbs for (ex. Compatibility with outlook).

Contributor
My Device: Torch

I needed BlackBerry Link to import 2 things from my 9800, my contact list and my world substitution. I am having no luck with either. If a resolution is not found Ill be forced to go back to my Torch soon.
BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

Enemarxist wrote:
I needed BlackBerry Link to import 2 things from my 9800, my contact list and my world substitution. I am having no luck with either. If a resolution is not found Ill be forced to go back to my Torch soon.

Word Subsititution will not currently transfer between BBOS and BB10.  For contacts please update Link through the program itself and then try a device switch with the new version.

Contributor

Thanks for letting me know about the word substitution. I will begin the process of re typing them. Do you know how to insert a carriage return into a multiple line text word substitution such as a signature?
Highlighted
BlackBerry Employee

Enemarxist wrote:
Thanks for letting me know about the word substitution. I will begin the process of re typing them. Do you know how to insert a carriage return into a multiple line text word substitution such as a signature?

Line breaks are not possible yet.

Contributor

I appreciate your use of the word "yet", it gives me hope. I am currently struggling to make the jump to BB10. While the new OS brings some amazing developments my BBOS Torch was a workhorse and a model of efficiency. The losses of the following features keep me going back to my old BlackBerry during the work day and my Z10 once I get home.

TrackPad for editing text
Multiple line word substitution
Physical keyboard for blind speed dialing

I want to keep my contacts local on my phone as opposed to linking them to a web email provider such as Google or Microsoft. Am I understanding you correctly that the new Link update will allow this?

Keep up the great work, BB10 is amazing and it can only get better.
BlackBerry Employee

Enemarxist wrote:
I appreciate your use of the word "yet", it gives me hope. I am currently struggling to make the jump to BB10. While the new OS brings some amazing developments my BBOS Torch was a workhorse and a model of efficiency. The losses of the following features keep me going back to my old BlackBerry during the work day and my Z10 once I get home.

TrackPad for editing text
Multiple line word substitution
Physical keyboard for blind speed dialing

I want to keep my contacts local on my phone as opposed to linking them to a web email provider such as Google or Microsoft. Am I understanding you correctly that the new Link update will allow this?

Keep up the great work, BB10 is amazing and it can only get better.

The new Link update fixes issues with contacts not transferring during the device switch.  There is still no Outlook sync capability.  The next update to link should allow you to import contacts to your BlackBerry in Link from a .CSV file.

One thing I like about the Z10 that's not readily apparent is the circle you can drag around to move the cursor.  You can click inside the circle for fine-tuning.  It will move one space left, right, up or down depending on where in the circle you click.  I struggled with placing the cursor at times before I found that.

Contributor

Thanks for the tip. The circle is a huge improvement over the PlayBook targeting. It is no replacement for holding the shift key while dragging on the TrackPad.