Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: *

Blackberry Links SUCKS compared to Blackberry Protect

can someone explain to me why Blackberry has gone backwards with Blackberry Link when BB Protect was FAR more efficient???

with BB protect i only had to set when i wanted backups taken, and it happened automatically on the given dates

i did NOT have to manually hook up (or activate a wireless connection) and then select back ups AND sync contacts

further - on syncing - i just synced my phone contacts to Outlook and not all my phone contacts transferred (and NO its not because i have entered the same contact twice)

ALSO - some contacts got doubled - so now i have 2 or sometimes 3 entries on my phone for the same contact (which i DID NOT have before the syncing)!!!!! - so basically, there is SOME BUG in blackberry link that has messed it up and is picking and choosing contacts to transfer to outlook

SO AGAIN, my question, WHY not JUST CONTINUE TO HAVE THE AUTOMATIC BACKUP OPION ON BLACKBERRY PROTECT for the Blackberry 10 models also (without limiting it to just location services?????)

if anyone from Blackberry reads this - PLEASE RESTORE the backup function on BB Protect - it is FAR more user friendly!!!!!!!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Links SUCKS compared to Blackberry Protect

Hi Anjalif,

BlackBerry Link will only backup and synchronize locally created contacts, as all other contacts are pulled from your associated email accounts.  This also will explain why you may encounter duplicate contacts.  If the contact exists in multiple email accounts, it may appear more than once.  You can however Link the contacts by opening the contact then choosing the Links icon at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel - India

Hi CptS

I have a Z10. my email account is with google apps and contacts is allowed to be synced to google apps account(active sync).

When ever i add a contact in the Z10(10.2 OS) it links with some other contact(those will not be similar) i have to every time search and unlink the same. This is really really **bleep** me off dont know where exactly the things are going wrong

Can you guide me how to remove the link feature once for all ie i should have the option to link not automatically like above or is there any problem with the OS.

regards

ckchaitanya

My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: Vodafone India

I had imported my contacts from email accounts. Subsequently, I also re stored my contacts from my old blackberry curve to my blackberry z10. This created multiple entries. The problem is that I have 2000 accounts and I can't manually delete these contacts. Could you help me with a smarter way to delete all duplicate entries than manually deleting the contacts - one by one. Any help will be greatly appreciated.