Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: tmobile-orange

Blackberry Q10 not reconised by device manager

i plug in my blackberry to the pc open up blackberry link my blackberry does not show up. I go to device manager where it says the driver was not installed so i manually try to install the driver where it says no driver can be installed i then have to disbale the phone and reenable it 2 times before it finally installs the driver and this keeps happening.

i have a windows 7 64 bit computer fully up to date

anybody got any ideas about why this keeps happening and how to stop this?

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Q10 not reconised by device manager

Hey ben950,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Community Support Forums.

Thanks for the question.

When you enter Device Manager does the BlackBerry display with a yellow exclamation mark? Can you provide us with the full message as it appears on the computer when you try to update the driver? Please see the following article which could be causing this issue: BlackBerry Link fails to install from the built in installer on the device when UAC is enabled

Let us know how you make out with this.

Thanks.

-TheSen

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: tmobile-orange

Re: Blackberry Q10 not reconised by device manager

i have tried to reinstall without uac on this didnt work. When i plug in the phone i get a yellow ! aand the message that comes up in device status is the drivers for this device are not installed code 28 if i click disable and enable 3 times then it finnly starts to pick up the blackberry driver