Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Lib
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry link crashing on Windows 7

I am trying to install Blackberry link on my windows 7 pro PC to repair a problem I am having with MMS on my Q10 phone.  I download the software and it installs OK, but when I open the software and begin the setup procedure I can only get the first step.  When I click 'next' to move to step 2 of 3 the program stops and I eventually get the message 'Blackberry link is not responding, close the program or wait for the program to respond'.  I have uninstalled the program and downloaded afresh three times and the result is always the same.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Blackberry link crashing on Windows 7

Hey Lib,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Just to clarify if you start to reload the device software is that when the BlackBerry Link fails to respond?  Are you able to create a backup of your data successfully?

Also can you explain what is happening regarding your MMS messages?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Lib
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have finally managed to insall the software but I can only do one action at a time before it crashes so if I do a backup of the phone, the software crashes and I have to restart before I can do antythying else.

MMS Problem - I am unable to send MMS messages at all.  I have phoned Vodafone three times and was finally told that this was a known problem with Q10's and that I would have to wait for a future software update for the fix!?

Highlighted
My Carrier: Rogers

I just got my Q10 last week.  I also have issues with MMS.  Was told to use Blackberry Link to reinstall the Q10 OS but when I downloaded and installed BB Link on my WIndows 7 PC, it crashes before I can get to the second screen.  I tried to use link on a MAC I have but it thinks the Q10 is a Playbook and tells me the Playbook OS is invalid ...

So I am stuck.  Not pretty ...