Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry link failing on q10

Its a new Q10 connecting to a Windows 7 machine

I transfeered all of my data across from a 9000 and OMG do I want the 9900 back !

I am attempting to sync calendar and contacts

It fails after huge time and generates a connection error at the sync preview moment

I have never been able to get that far and now after an hour it failed again

so I now have it set up to do a one way contact update from the PC to the Q10

again afer about 5 minutes I got "success"

I searched up the addresses I know that should have been updated on the q10 and they were not there

Even when it said it had written them across it actually didn't

With my 9900 sync'ing took maybe 2 minutes. With the same data its taking over an hour and failing on my q10

OS in the q10 is the most recent as is the Link software. I have also un-installed it and reinstalled numerous times, only ue USB and have turned off my virus protection

Regular Contributor

Re: Blackberry link failing on q10

I am running a Q10 with software revision 10.2.1.2102, OS is 10.2.1.2141

Desktop is i7, 32 GB running Windows 7 Professional Service pack 1 which is up to date

App I am trying to sync is Outlook 2007 with 950 contacts. I am ignoring the calendar for now. I use Outlook with no address field modifications. Basically bought it and populated it.

Q10 is plugged in and Link appears operational. Under "Contacts and Calendar. I am "unchecking" calendar and "Checking" contacts and configuring contacts for "one way sync to my device"

I am not syncing any documents or pictures or music and virus protection is disabled

I click "sync "Contacts/Calendar" at 10:20:00

"Syncing your contacts and calendar appointments. Do not disconnect your device."

Message "getting status from Blackberry Address Book" appears and it immediately leaps to half way on the status bar and it sits for 1:45 and then the indicator runs up and downs for a while under the getting status. After a further 45 secs (10:22:30)  it switches to Getting status info from Outlook contacts.

It stays like this for about 3 minutes and then that message switches at 10:25:25 to "Preparing sync preview" and the blue bar is fully extended

at 10:32:05 it switches to another message. I missed it as it was there for 5 secs and is now at  "Preparing sync Preview" with blue bar fully extended. at 10:33:00 updating Blackberry address book data

at 10:34:04 writing to address book data or a quick message like that.

at 10:34:08 it returns to main Sync Contacts and Calendar appts display window

Error message... sync was unsuccessful - failed to commit changes to device

Simple one way write. 14 minutes and failed on writing to device. Times are off by a few secs as I was typing and scanning windows

New Contributor
My Carrier: 7764674448

I have been having the same problem for about 6 months. The Q10 is an absolutely terrible phone; the 9900 was the best!

Regular Contributor

SMR

the q10 isn't a bad phone. Its not the 9900 form an ease of "click" perspective and frankly the Q20 will be the 9900 on steroids. I seem to have better call quality and it is way faster. I personally don't like the fact it wants to integrate apps I want to isolate such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn so I don't run them yet.

My friends who have it love it after a steep week (or longer) learning curve.

I like the phone, the challenge is to get it to sync like the 9900 and then I will be really happy.

New Contributor
My Carrier: 7764674448

Thanks for comments. I've been struggling for months with the synchronizing problem and have to say that negative from this not working properly are outweighing by far the positives that the phone has. And there's no response from BlackBerry. It's amazing.

Regular Contributor

Its a universal  issue. Maybe BB isn't pushing too hard as sync works for BES users but John Chen is trying to turn the ompany around and I have to believe he is pushing a team, very hard to fix this.