Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackbery Link - browse pc folders and copy mp3 files not in music folder

Hello to all of you

I have music archives in different drives and pendrives

It is not intuhitive at all how to browse local PC drives and or PC folders to select and copy single or many .mp3 files from the PC to the BlackBerry device.

Please don't tell me that the silly solution is to move the mp3 files to the windows music folder.

Additionally, i find really against an user friendly approach the BlackBerry Link in the music section. It doesn't allow to show the mp3 files names and use, manage and browse .mp3 files by their name, I see only

- All the music

- Album

- Artists

- Genres

- Playlists

well,

- I have so many .mp3 files

- they don't have all the mp3 tags

- I see only an unfinished list which doesn't allow me to select the file I need, and I must scroll all of them every time

A TOTAL NO SENSE in my personal opinion

Anyway , from BalckBerry Link and from PC side, how to select one single mp3 file, QUICKLY, and copy it inside the BlackBerry device in the music folder?

Thank you

C0r

Regular Contributor

Blackbery Link - How to locate and copy one mp3 file which has no ID3 tags and or descriptions

[ Edited ]

As test, I've copied in my windows music folder one mp3 file that doesn't have any mp3 tags/descriptions inside.

Well, I can't find it in the BlackBerry Link music list, in any way

In the BlackBerry Link music section, how to locate and copy one mp3 file which has no mp3 tags and or descriptions?

Thank you

Obviously this is a provocative question: there is no way looks like, since it is not possible browse music files by their name, nor it is possible to browse them as documents, since the music looks like to not being considered as a document file, what a delusion.

C0r

Regular Contributor

Re: Blackbery Link - How to locate and copy one mp3 file which has no mp3 tags and or descriptions

Yes CRAZY!!! It is confirmed,

trying to find a solution to this crazy behavior, I've turned to documents side.

I've added my mysic folder to the documents and TA-DAAAH! The .mp3 files don't show!!!

On the right panel a big string says "The folder doesn't contain supported files"!!!

Well, looks like that BlackBerry Link leaks like the OS 10

Anyway, if you can provide a solution that allows to copy mp3 files ID3-less (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3), mean that none of the ID3 has been filled, thank you so much in advance.

To BB Link developers, think about allow users to tranfer files as files and not as you arbitrary want, thank you.

C0r