Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Wind

Can't connect any BB10 device to my Mac

After I installed the MacBook pro EFI Firmware Update 1.3, none of our devices (we have a few of them running on all released OS's) would connect to my Mac. I'm running the latest BB Link (1.1.1.39) and sometimes I see that the device connects and disconnects repeatedly every 2 seconds, sometimes Link doesn't even know there is a BB10 device connected. When I go to "Settings->About->Network" however, I see that the device has a 196.254.0.1 IP address (for the USB interface), but when I try to ping that address all the packets are lost.

I tried re-installing BB Link, restarting devices, but no luck.

It is very frustrating since I can't continue developing for BB. Within momentics I can only pair devices via Wifi and as soon the debug token is successfully uploaded onto the devices, momentics shows it is disconnected.

Please help.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Can't connect any BB10 device to my Mac

me too .. problems ..

My Q10 won't connect to any of our Macs running Mac OSX 10.6.8.  When I try to connect to BBL or BB Desktop .... I get the message something like  "this OS 10 device will not connect to this version Mac OSX" ,,, then I go thru the downloading and reinstalling process for BB software for Mac OSX 10.6 ........ then open up software and get the same message .... "this OS 10 device will not connect .... etc etc etc"

This happens on our Mac Pros, Mac Book Pros, and iMacs. 

I suppose I should install Mac OSX 10.8 etc on one computer and see if it works on Macs at all. 

Developer
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

Under Settings>Storage and Access>Access to Storage make sure the "USB connection" is set to automatic or you preferred system

Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Wind

If only it was that easy Smiley Happy. I tried that the first thing, but that it's not the issue.