Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telstra Australia

Re: Can't load music library on Blackberry Link

Thank you. I thought the same but didn't figure there would be any harm in a security wipe, I was wrong as it created issues on the phone and the technical advisor who posted has disappeared and I am helpless.

My iTunes and BlackBerry link issue still exists and on my phone I have the following issues:

1. All the websites I added to home screen disappeared and when I add one again nothing appears.

2. In BlackBerry world in my apps when I go check for updates, the dialogue box that used to come up saying 'update check completed' no longer appears.

I fixed the contacts and missing text mags by linking all my contacts again which took a long time.

Would appreciate assistance with my iTunes BlackBerry link issue and my two phone issues.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the same problem - my IT guy has a Z10 also which syncs fine - he has no idea why mine won't

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Wind

[ Edited ]

I have Windows 7. Home version.
I was using the Windows Media Player option, not iTunes.

I have music all over my hard drive. As you probably know the concpet of the windows Library folder is that it finds all this music.

I was thinking of moving all my music oof my copmuter. Put it on to my backup drive for later restore.

So having cleaned  all music off the system I would  do restart and see if BB Link would link with an empty library.

If I had no luck I might try deleting the library folder and recreating it.
Then if no luck delete Windows Media player and reinstall (I need to see where to get it.)
Other things I have are old iTunes files kicking around. Maybe find and delete them.

BUT i can't get to this today. Smiley Wink

If anyone tries it post a reply.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

BB link syncs to my flash card, but only looks for tunes in phone's memory
New Contributor
My Device: 9550

Well, I'm two weeks into the Z10 and have crashed into this very same problem.  I've yet to try any interventions but read with discouragement the odyssey that has occurred.  Since I don't do a lot of podcasts, I'll cut and paste my iTunes library to the BB Link and see/hear what happens.  Stand by. . .What a shame for BB as like most of us, I've been a loyal fan and read this post with dismay.  Shouldn't happen if proper beta testing was conducted!

Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook, Q10
My Carrier: sprint

My link with q10 wouldn't load the music library at first, I tried the same thing you did. I enabled media sharing with my pc on the q10 on my network and could see my music folders on the q10. I went to the pc, opened bb link,and the library was populated .
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I had the same issue like you all.   It was working two days ago and it stopped.  I resolved it with a shutdown and restart.  Applied a back log of 46 Microsoft hotfixes and security patches.  After the system started, post patching, I was able to Sync and copy music from my Windows Media Player to my BB Passpport.  Life is good again.

My Device: Z 30
My Carrier: vodafone

Open Itunes, Go to preferences in itunes- advanced settings and activate Share Itunes library XML with other applications. Restart the blackberry link software and it should upload the music library.