Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Etisalat

Can't recover a backup file to my Blackberry Q5

What happened is that I wanted to update my BB Q5 to the new OS update (10.2.1.537), but I didn't have enough memory space so I deleted all my media on the device memory and still there was not enough. On the device storage details it showed 0KB for all kind of media but showed 6 GB under the title of Other Data, then what I did is backing up my phone using BB Link on MAC then I did a security wipe to the BB Q5 it took almost 4 hours, but I had only 3 GD under Other Data. Eventually  I updated the BB to the new software (10.2.1.537) then I tried to restore the backup file but it didn't work. It says that the device rejected the backup file or there was an error to the media, application and settings.

I have my BBM contacts thanks to BB ID but I need to restore all the phone numbers and messages that should be on the backup file.

Please help me with this

Feel free to ask any questions

Thank you

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Can't recover a backup file to my Blackberry Q5

[ Edited ]

See if you can Restore only specific data,

• To restore specific data in a backup file to your device, click a backup file. Clear the Restore all data checkbox. Select the checkbox beside one or more databases that you want to restore.  Click Restore.
New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Etisalat

I cleared the all data checkbox , and tried each one of them which are settings, application and media , every time I get a different error , but thanks a lot for the suggestion

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Reloading the software might help.   Open BB Link, click your device and you will see the Reload.