Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't sync outlook appts

When I do a sync I have all kind of problems, the biggest of which is that nothing that I put on my outlook calendar will download/sync to my blackberry.  Everything that was in outlook on my initial sync is there, but I can't get anything that I put directly on outlook on my desktop to sync to my blackberry.  I'm having the same problem with getting things that I put directly on my blackberry to sync to my outlook - but that is hit or miss.  That is, sometimes it syncs, somettmes it doesn't.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled blackberry link a few times and that didn't help.

The other issue I have is with the length of time it takes to sync. It gets to the last screen where it looks like it is finished and it stops with the message "Suncing your contacts and calendar appointments.  Do not disconnect your device."  It will literally sit on this screen for 30 minutes to an hour or more.  And then I eventually get a message that the sync failed because it didn't write anything to the device.

Help!  I really like the Q10, but if I can't sync the calendar it's a deal-breaker and I've got to give in to the iphone or something else.....

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Can't sync outlook appts

Make sure that your default calendar is set to the Link/Sync calendar. Do this in Settings >Accounts >Set Defaults. Then make sure any time you add a calendar item that you're adding it to that calendar. Wired sync is not the best method on BB10 but it does work. Using a cloud service like GMail or Outlook.com (or Exchange if you have it) is really the best method.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Is there a way I can wipe out calendar and contacts from my blackberry q10 without wiping out pictures, etc? I want to try "starting over" with the calendar and contacts. Several of my contacts are in triplicate for some reason. I've fixed that in outlook but not on q10... so I just want to start over, but am concerned about doing a "factory reset" for fear I lose other things!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

In the same location I mentioned above, you can hit the three dots and there is an option to clearly local calendar or contacts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

i tried to clear contacts and they are still there... in triplicate :-( I even tried shutting down the blackberry just in case it needed a restart to recognize i was clearing those contacts and they are still there! i just tried to do the clear calendar and it also didnt work.
Guru II

Are they connected to an email account or are they the ones you've sync'd from BlackBerry Link?

New Contributor

appointments - both. i get appointments sent to a couple different email accounts that are linked to my outlook on my desktop, plus i add appointments directly to outlook or to my blackberry contact - i dont know.... i only add contacts when sitting at my computer using outlook or directly on my blackberry. i dont think they are linked to an email account, but im not tech savvy, so i suppose they might be....
Guru II

It sounds to me like you're trying to use multiple systems when one would be enough.

I recommend using either email for calendar OR use wired sync to outlook and don't sync calendars wirelessly on the BB. Don't try to do both. If you have those same email accounts integrated with your BB then you should get the calendars associated with those email accounts sync'd to the BB wirelessly. If you're then trying to sync using a usb cable for those same calendars through Outlook you are just creating a mess.

See if you can get all your calendar items exported to one account and then import them into a cloud service. I recommend Outlook.com. Then everything will sync from Outlook.com to your BB device. I also understand the desire to get BBM groups calendars into a PC location but it's just not possible.

If you can get everything into one place, like Outlook.com you can sync that with Outlook using the Hotmail connector and then the outlook.com account will sync nicely with the Q10. That's what I do.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks. Unfortunately, outlook.com isn't an option as my hotmail account is my "junk mail" account, so I don't sync it with anything.
I have two email accounts that I use regularly - a gmail account and a business account (@ksquared.biz). Others send appts to me via both accounts. My desktop outlook receives all emails and is my best place to keep track of everything in one place. With the old blackberry software this worked just fine, so it's maddening that it doesn't work with the "new and improved" link!
I'm thinking I have two options - get a tech person to my house (i'm self-employed, work out of my house) to help me migrate everything to one place and still have the benefits I have with all my emails coming in to outlook on desktop - if that's even possible... OR 2. Switch to a different device (eg iphone) - but I wonder if I will have the same issue??
Right now I have to enter things on both desktop and bberry and that's just crazy.
I really appreciate your responding so quickly!!!
New Contributor
My Device: z30
My Carrier: rogers

Had the same problem and read a solution that worked for me. Check Calendar/Management/defaults to make sure your default calendar is BBLink. There is a thing called device-home which is also a calendar and it screws things up royally if you don't know it is the default.