Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: telstra

Re: Cannot install blackberry link on new Q10 as crashes with fatal error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ndis.sys)

Yes I had read the whole article and you are wrong again!  the fixit tool which you click on in the article takes you to a page where it clearly states "Run now

error
We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time."  ie the tool does not work on Win 8.1.
the applies to does not mean it works with - it means that there is no fixit for win 8.1 at this time!!

Also as I said previously when I unistalled Kaspersky completely the BBlink still did not install so clearly Kaspersky was NOT the problem as I stated earlier,
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Cannot install blackberry link on new Q10 as crashes with fatal error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ndis.sys)

Web pages can be confusing sometimes, Microsoft put this on the page for people looking for the Clean Up Utility to inform them they can now use Fixit.  (The Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (MSICUU2.exe) is no longer available from Microsoft.)

Microsoft also has a bad habit of hiding information and not properly updating their pages, such as the part that says Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7, and not adding Win 8

Forums Veteran I

I am not wrong it is Microsoft as you can see from the page, I never had to use that tool and you are the first one to tell me this so I will not recommend it,

Your computer has more than one problem besides the non compatibility of programs and misconfiguration!

Forums Veteran I

Article ID: 290301
Last review: December 4, 2013

Applies to: Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional

The applies to are suggesting it works with all the above, otherwise it would not work with any of the above.
New Contributor

now that we are agreed that fixit tool does not work for windows 8.1 are there any suggestions for how to get rid of blackberry install elements that will not uninstall with windows uninstaller and will not allow themselves to be deleted manually?

Forums Veteran I

[ Edited ]

If you use the Search function and locate and delete all     "blackberry"    files found on your computer you stand a good chance of installing link successfully. Many have done it this way.

There is always the removal of registry entries but it is risky for non advanced users and less chance for success.

Remember many people are having issues with BB Link but millions are not.

I am not defending Link in fact I do not use it because it has many issues, I use BB Device Manager and BlackBerry Protect to back up my data.

There are programs on the web such as Registry cleaners many people have success with those and many do not because they can damage your system so I never recommend those as I do not know what someone I do not know or have never seen will do with them then complain back to me. You can research those for yourself and make your own decision.

I do suspect your computer has two issues as you received a second error and cannot say at this point if they are related or will be fixed with the same fix.

New Contributor

thanks I have removed all the "blackberry" files and computer now seems fine- so I have given up on BBlink for now- find it easier to copy things using blackberry as USB device only.  So no more questions for now. Perhaps next BBLink upgrade will solve the problems with both Kasperskly and Win 8.1 - I hope! thanks.

Forums Veteran I

Your Welcome, I do wish you would have solved your issue, but maybe in the future like you said.

As I said before I also only use BB Device Manager as it does backup 10 different types of files and you can copy data from the phone and/or a SD card.

If you also use BB Protect you can backup, Contacts, Calendar, Bookmarks, Text Messages.

Thanks for posting back.

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi I'm facing the same issue where I get the error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ndis.sys) when I try to install BlackBerry Link. I used to use Link before but I uninstalled it to try and get an update. Now I can't install it since I installed Kaspersky 2014 recently.

Anyhow, I never liked BB Link and much preferrred BB Device Manager. I have tried using Device Manager with my BB Q5 but it won't allow me. Can you suggest how I can use my Q5 with the Device Manager? Thanks