Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 5197417891

Change import folder from device to PC

Is it possible to change the import folder in Link when importing music, pictures, etc. from a device to PC? Currently it's set to (below) and doesn't seem changeable. If not, I feel this is something simple that should already be implemented...

Device -> Settings -> Synchronization

Computer Import folders

Files from Z10 will be synced to the following folders on your computer:

Music:              My Music/Z10

Pictures:          My Pictures/Z10

Videos:            My Videos/Z10

Documents:   My Documents/Z10

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Change import folder from device to PC

Hi jkox,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Currently there is no option to change the destination forlder for media imports, however what you can do is manually synchronize your media files. This section of the BlackBerry Link user guide has the steps to do this. http://bbry.lv/14UHT0T

Let me know if this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I hope they allow users to change these folder paths. I run my OS on one hard drive and my apps and storage on another. I think this is a very common practice. The lack of this feature now forces me to do manual updates which makes such a great feature useless to me now. Smiley Sad

I agree with the first poster, this should be an easy update. Likely not on the top of your priority list at Blackberry but please add it to your "User's wish list!".

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: 442071077123

woaaahh! 

BB Link automatically links to a shared drive at work where I have limited space. This sucks!! PLease fix!

love everything else though! please fix! has cost us a days dev 

Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Orange

No it doesn't !!!!!

Ok I assume you are not the person responsible for foisting this half-baked piece of cack on your customers - and therefore I will restrain from saying what I would like - however perhpas in turn you could pass this onto your masters who presumably did decide to do this,

A small series of questions:

1: what was broke with desktop manager that it needed replacing with this mickey mouse 'link' ?

2: What marketing 'guru' decided the way forward was to treat BB customers as children and not give us simple links to data and outlook synchro we had previously.

3: so you want me to fill my business windows directories with picture music etc etc. Grow up - that might serve the average 12 yr old but not adult business folk.

Z10 nice piece of kit - hampered by arrogant arrogant idiots at BB.

That's better !