Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Changing the defualt sync folder location for videos and pictures on MAC

Hi there, I'm trying to sync both pictures and videos from my device to my iMAC with Link and need some questions answered.

I noticed that the default location for pictures and videos is iphoto and itunes - Not sure about the level of integration and where exactly those files will be synced to?.  However, I dont want to completely reliquish control/organization of my media to Apple.  I would prefer to specify a folder location and import to iphoto and/or itunes myself.

With that said, I want to specifiy the source location of where my devcie media is synced - both pictures and videos

Can I do that?

Retired

Re: Changing the defualt sync folder location for videos and pictures on MAC

Hey mlester,

Thanks for the question.

You can change the option for automatic synchronization by following the steps listed here. With automatic synchronization off you can manually chose which files to synchronize. By default, BlackBerry Link can link the libraries listed here with your device: About your music, pictures, videos, and documents libraries with BlackBerry Link for Mac OS, these locations cannot be modified.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks.

-TheSen

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Re: Changing the defualt sync folder location for videos and pictures on MAC

Thanks for the response.  I do understand how to turn off automatic synchronization.

As you mentioned, it appears that the library locations are in fact not modifiable.  That's unfortunate as I did have the interest in syncing to a location specified rather than taking the current iphoto and itunes library locations.  Might be an opportunity for future functionality.

I guess I will have to handle this by manualy moving the files.

One more question, however.  If I do turn on automatic syncronization, where are the source photos stored after imported into iphoto?

Mike