Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Using Link to import Calendar & Contacts to Z10

MPF94025 wrote:

With respect to "missing fields", I'm not sure what your referral point is for Outlook. Are you saying that Outlook updates, or new versions of Outlook, will be paring down the ability to list multiple email addresses for a given user. I don't believe that is true.

Hello MPF94025,

Just read the official Microsoft blog. I'm sorry I don't have the URLs right now.

Microsoft Office is known to frequently "break things", either for the better good (the ribbon instead of the menus) or the best/worse (suppression of the colored flags, in favour of categories and task flags). Among the changes, is the disappearance of categories / groups for contacts in Outlook.com .

They stated that it will be replaced by something else (probably labels like in Google Mail, a kind of categories on steroid) later, and in the meantime you still have the contacts folders in the desktop Outlook as well as in Outlook WebApp for Exchange users.

anyways, in BlackBerry 10, each contacts item has a fixed number of data types, and the categories is not part of them. I have not heard of any upcoming extension (on contrary to what Microsoft said will happen in the future outlook.com ).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I

shealey wrote:

There doesn't seem to be anyone actually employed by Blackberry on this forum. Does anyone know where to file 'wish list' requests?

Your carrier helpdesk. They then report stats on the complaints from BlackBerry owners. This is the main conduit to reach BlackBerry in a meaningful way (because it is the best interest of the carrier to not have customers complain, and because it is the best interest of BlackBerry to satisfy the carriers).

Other than that, you can probably register at the BlackBerry Beta Zone, they have a special Z10 programme. Currently there is a forums system with more than a thousand posts, mainly about bug reports and about feature requests. But not a single BlackBerry employee has ever replied to any of the discussions over there.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I

Publisher wrote:

What would help is if a company spokesperson would actually post something to that effect to reassure us all. While I don't want to cast doubt on your 'rank', I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

I think it would be so bad for BlackBerry reputation, to have a spokesperson make a statement about it.

First, because they have never done it.

Second, because it is not worth it. It is an important issue for the people concerned, to the point that BlackBerry decided to bring a feature (for now, just half of it) that was not decided to bring to BlackBerry 10. But it is not a company emergency. There are far more important issues with the Z10 currently.

I would make a parallel.

The Skype app is currently not available on the Windows Phone 8 platform. This in itself is an issue.

Aggravated on April 1st 2013 because Windows Live Messenger services are stopped across the world (except China for legal issues), so people are supposed to merge their WLM accounts with their skype account.

Do you expect Steve Ballmer to apologize to not have a Microsoft flagship app available on a Microsoft flagship OS?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Xandrex

Thanks for your ongoing responses.

Hard to know what the right thing for Steve Ballmer to do in this situation, but the lack of communication probably is perhaps one of many reasons why Windows smartphones have penetrated the smartphone market so poorly.

The Blackberry loyalists don't want the same to happen here.

The Q10 has just been released. Some have speculated that two-way sync would be available upon release of the Q10, but I don't see that incorporated in BB Link as of yet.

Let's hope, for BBRY's sake, that the lack of direct two-way sync is as minor an issue as you and others seem to suggest of all the issues facing the company.

Personally, while I love my Z10, if the two-way sync function is not available soon, I will downgrade back to my Torch to regain this functionality.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Personally, while I love my Z10, if the two-way sync function is not available soon, I will downgrade back to my Torch to regain this functionality.

Well... personally, if the two-way sync function is not available soon, I won't bother to back-step to my old Bold 9900. I will simply leave BlackBerry as a platform. There are plenty of other smartphones out there which also don't have two-way sync to Outlook - and, I'm afraid, they are better and more established than the Z10. Fact.

(How sad that we're already talking of 'progression' in regressive terms!)