Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Contact Fields Duplicated

Whenever I sync my BB with my Outlook CONTACTS I end up with bad data on my BB for some of the contacts. Sometimes it will drop a contact photo, sometimes it duplicates fields like BIRTHDAY and HOME and EMAIL etc. Then I have to spend an hour going through manually to check and correct the contacts on my BB. Its as if the fields don't line up on the Computer Outlook and the BB Contacts during the sync. It seems to be random. But the fields I get trouble with are photo, birthday,anniversary,personal email,work email,home phone, etc

The Outlook contacts are fine an never get screwed up,  Why can't it just sync what is in Outlook exactly to the BB ?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Contact Fields Duplicated

Hey Bpete,

Thanks for the post.

Has this issue been going on since the first synchronization?  Also what version of BlackBerry 10 are you currently running?  Go to Settings>About to find this information.

Do you ever receive duplicate contacts from the synchronization?  What version of Microsoft Outlook are you running as well?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Contact Fields Duplicated

I am running Outlook 2013 and have had these sync problems since the beginning. I never get a duplicate record but I do get various duplicated fields (like someone's Birthday showing up twice or the home address twice etc.). I am now running  version 10.1.0.4181 on my phone but it has happened at various versions along the way. This is also my second Z10, since I went for a swim in the lake last week with my first one! It didn't survive the swim. Instead of duplicate complete records what I have found is that sometimes records will be missing. Then when I change nothing on Outlook but just do another sync they come back. But of course then I have to scan all my contacts for duplicate fields.

If I haven't changed any contact info I now don't allow the sync to happen on contacts (I just do calendar).