Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Crashes BBL = A program error occurred at line 1053 (. \ OLTransBase.cpp) ?

Hello there,

I can not synchronize my Outlook (contacts and calendar) with my Z10 using the BlackBerry Link software (v1.2.3.56). My PC is brand new and with Windows 8.1.

BBL software is installed smoothly, the Z10 is seen in BBL, but every time I run the sync, it crashes, the error message is "A program error occurred at line 1053 (. \ OLTransBase.cpp)" ?

Thank you for your help!

MHS
New Contributor
My Carrier: 7816318596

Re: Crashes BBL = A program error occurred at line 1053 (. \ OLTransBase.cpp) ?

I just had the same probelm. Has anybody out there come up with a solution?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Hello

On my side I have not found a solution, and not help on the forum, no response from the technical service of BlackBerry, in fact, when you have a BlackBerry Link problem is DIY you alone!

The only solution I found was to uninstall BBL, and finally, the problem is maybe on the phone...

But I well learned the lesson on the level of technical support of BalckBerry...

Good luck to you

MHS
New Contributor

Yes, thanks. That is my planned next step. The error message also says to send a log file to BB tech support, which I suppose is a cruel joke. If the reinstallation doesn't work, my next step may be an Android phone...

MHS
New Contributor

In case anyone else has this problem, I think I've resovled it -- although one never knows for sure. I uninstalled and then reinstalled BB Link. If this happens to you, thisis what I recommend.