Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: O2

Duplicate Files when Music Syncing from iTunes Playlists

Hi

I generally sync my music to my portable devices using playlists.  In iTunes I have a couple of smart playlists that include stuff I've added recently, stuff I've listened to and some normal playlists which contains stuff I want with me always even if I haven't listened to them yet nor added them recently.

When the files were synced to my iPhone, iTunes is sensible enough to realise that there's a possibility that files would show up in more than one playlist (i.e. recently added and recently listened to) and only syncs the file once and links it to both playlists.

Link appears to copy the file for each instance of it in a playlist.  This is undesirable.

Cheers.

Retired

Re: Duplicate Files when Music Syncing from iTunes Playlists

Hi xadium,

BlackBerry Link should only copy 1 file regardless of how many Playlists it appears on. You can verify this by plugging in your BlackBerry Z10, then going into your computer's file explorer, navigate to the Media Card (by default if present it will appear as the X drive in Windows).  Find the Music folder to view all of the music on your device. You should only see one copy of each file.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Carrier: O2

Hi

I respectfully disagree!  Screenie below to prove I'm not mental  However, if this isn't expected behaviour and has been considered (awesome) then something else must be up.  I'll try deleting the extras and see what happens when I resync.

Thanks

Ali

IMG_00000003.png

Thanks

Ali

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

There are some serious issues with the Z10 and the Link software.

I do not think deleting and syncing again will help.

I have tried this numerous times. Deleting the files doesnt even actually delete the files. Restart the Z10 and some randomly appear again, others refuse to be deleted.