12-17-2013 09:45 PM
I got a Blackberry Q10 last week. I downloaded and installed the PC version of Blackberry Link 220.127.116.11. USB two-way sync worked fine. Now all of a sudden I get the error message "Sync was unsuccessful, Unable to process organizer data". I tried resetting the sync options, but no joy. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Link 18.104.22.168 software, again no joy. Any suggestions ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-19-2013 09:08 PM
You might find a answer here, I did not read it because I do not use Link as it has too many issues.
12-20-2013 10:09 AM
I do not use Outlook, these links should help, the first one says if you use Outlook 2013 the Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector is included.
If something has changed that I am unaware of someone who knows bettter should reply also.
12-20-2013 10:21 AM
Thanks for your reply, that information was helpful. I want to two-way sync contacts and calendar directly from my PC to Blackberry Q10 without having to upload the contacts and calendar to a cloud server like Outlook.com or other. Hopefully the bugs with Blackberry Link can get sorted out to reliably do the direct two-way sync.
12-20-2013 10:45 AM - edited 12-20-2013 10:46 AM
You may try uninstalling BB Link again and if you do, after you do, use Search to find all "blackberry" files and delete them, this usually works better than just uninstall and reinstall.
12-21-2013 11:15 AM
UPDATE: I spent 4 hours on the phone and remote session with Blackberry Help last night. After doing some troubleshooting to isolate issue, determined that something on the device was causing the Outlook sync problem. One thing I learned is that it can take a long time to do the sync and even though the screen progress may look frozen, let it go to completion - sometimes it took 20-25 minutes but eventually completed. Here's the process we went through - I would recommend calling BB Help and working with them to insure you don't accidently delete important Outlook contact and calendar information from your BB device or PC !!!!.
1) We tried an uninstall/reinstall of the BB Link PC software and that did not fix the problem.
2) To isolate the sync problem. We first did a "contacts" and "calendar" 2-way sync and that was unsuccessful. Then did a "contacts" only 2-way sync and that was successful. Then did a "calendar" only 2-way sync and that was unsuccessful - so the problem was related to the calendar data and something on the device was causing the problem or corrupted.
3) We used BB Link to do a full backup of the device.
4) Decision was then made to do a "Security Wipe" on the BB Q10 device to completely delete all data and settings and get back to a clean startup device configuration. I was nervous about this - make double sure that all Outlook contacts and calendar data on the device and PC is completely backed up in case something bad happens. Nothing bad happened but I was gald we did the backup !!
5) Did the device "Security Wipe" (on device, settings>security and privacy>security wipe) and device restarted with no problem (takes a while to do).
6) Then used BB link to do a "contacts and calendar" 1-way sync test from PC to device. That worked with no problem.
7) We then used BB Link to do a "Restore" of the device full backup we did in Step 3 above. This takes awhile to do and was successful.
8) Once device restore was complete, configured BB Link to do a 2-way sync of both "contacts" and "calendar". Did the sync and was successful. Did a test by adding new calendar entry on PC and did another 2-way sync - all worked fine. Looks like problem was fixed, but will monitor over the next few days.
1) If you have a lot of Outlook contacts and calendar entries, the sync can take quite a long time. Be patient and let it run - even though it looks stuck, etc !!!!
2) Back up all the Outlook data on device and PC to make sure you have a fallback should something bad happen during the troubleshooting. We did not have anything bad happen, but I was gald we did a backup anyway.
2) Call BB help - the support person I worked with was fabulous even though it took quite a while to work through a fix.
01-08-2014 08:31 PM
This is a really bad solution. I would suggest avoid using 22.214.171.124. Instead downgrade to the last version of the Link program. That solution worked for me.
Also, there is no technical support for this problem if use 126.96.36.199.
I was either being forced to pay Rogers or Blackberry.
In the end, I had to solve the problem myself.