Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z30
My Carrier: Verizon

First time use of Blackberry link does not ask fo Blackberry ID

[ Edited ]

When starting Blackberry link after installing on Windows 7 laptop, I am never asked for my Blackberry ID.  As a result, the Link will not connect to my USB connected BB Z30  It always fails on Cannot Communnicate with device.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: First time use of Blackberry link does not ask fo Blackberry ID

After you open Link, at the top there should be a link where you can sign in to BBID.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

The sign never succeeds because the BlackBerry ID is unknown.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

What do you mean the BlackBerry ID is unknown?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

When installing Blackberry Link on the latop, the software skips ove thestep of asking for the Blackberry ID and password. As a result, the laptop cannot sign in to the ID.

I have seen the demo video that shows the step where the ID is asked for, but my installation skips over that step.  I have removed the Link application from the laptop along with all that I can via the Control Panel.  However, some residual "ghost" must remain that tells the Link software to skip over aking for the ID.

Guru II

But after it's installed you should be able to login at the very top of the main screen.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

Otherwise you could always reinstall BlackBerry Link....
New Contributor

Blackberry support rep could not help.  I suspect the issue is related to not being able to get a clean uninstall of either the much older Blackberry Desktop or the more recent partially installed Blackberry Link.  My Registry still has 50 to 100 references to Blackberry or Research in Motion in it.   I suspect that one or more of those remnants is telling Blackberry Link reinstalls to skip over the step where it asks for my Blackberry ID.