Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

For the Love of All Things (edited) -- FIX BB LINK!

[ Edited ]

I can't back up my phone.  BlackBerry is supposed to be an enterprise class company but if my phone dies today, I loose TONS of DATA!

That isn't acceptible for an Enterprise!

Things wrong with BB Link...

Doesn't back up.  It will start to and than just stop.

Doesn't give me any meaningful error message (codes please) when there is an issue, so finding support is like a needle in hay stack.

I am highly annoyed that I got the Z10 the day it came out (ATT) and I am still having the same issues with the BB Link software.  This is just completely unacceptable.

Solutions: 6,417
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Please for the LOVE OF CHRIST FIX BBLINK!

Please, this is a user to user support forum.  No need for thread topics like that.

What specifically happens when you attempt to back up?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

And exactly what model BlackBerry are you trying to backup? Your profile here states 9800 and of course the Link software will NOT work the 9800.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: FIX BBLINK!

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

And exactly what model BlackBerry are you trying to backup? Your profile here states 9800 and of course the Link software will NOT work the 9800.

:-P Well I couldn't be using the 9800 with BB LInk now could I?

Sorry I didn't baby sit my profile data when I updated my phone -- MY BAD.

I am just sick of Buying BlackBerry things and almost getting a 2nd teir product.  I have data on my phone I want to back up and BB Link doesn't give me any error messages only to tell me "Backup Didn't Complete".  No error codes to reference or anything.  Just BackUp Didn't Complete (might as well say Good Luck with that).

I have a BB Z10 since it came out in USA, this BB Link software looks pretty but doesn't function well and I have wasted a good 2-3 days on this trying to make it work.

I am trying to find answers in this community support but without any error codes to guide me its a needle in a hay stack.

Sorry for my demeanor I am just livid on so many levels.  I have seen shareware with more functionality and better error messaging than BB Link.

Trusted Contributor

Re: BBLINK!

[ Edited ]

I would be less irritated if it wasn't 3-4 months after release and I am dealing with the same BS problems as day 1.  That is completely unacceptible for an enterprise product.

I work with enterprise products all the time and I certainly couldn't recommend BlackBerry to any of my clients if this is how things are.

Not to mention the level of support they give you by default.  I am a lifetime BlackBerry user and here I am on community forums hoping that someone will see this and have an answer.

I love the phone, but the fact that I can't back up my data is a deal breaker.  This needs to be addressed pronto and I shouldn't have to find BlackBerry experts to help me out with such rudimentary and mundane tasks.  The software should be sophisticated enough to deal with things better or at the very least report what went wrong verbosely.

DVader wrote:

Sorry for my demeanor I am just livid on so many levels.  The utter lack of planning of this software let alone the execution is atrocious.

Doesn't sound like it. There are MANY knowledgeable users here who love to help, but I'll be honest, I've seen them steer away from users who come ranting and yelling and completely out of control.

Yes, you could be trying to use the 9800 on Link. You wouldn't be the first who's come here after trying. I don't thing updating your user profile here to be explicit of what device you're using is exactly "babysitting your profile", it's being helpful to those who want to help you, and instead the first thing that's gonna happen is you're going to be asked what model BlackBerry you are using you'll probably rant back.

Best to take a break, collect your sane thoughts and come back and explain what's happening, in detail.

Of course, if you just came to rant, you've done that. You decide.

Knowledge Base Updates

DVader wrote:

Not to mention the craptastic level of support they give you by defaul.  I am a lifetime BlackBerry user and here I am on community forums hoping that someone will see this and have an answer.

There you go.

You do known you ARE paying ATT for technical support on this? And any issue they cannot resolve they would ESCALATE up, or should, to BlackBerry Techincal support. That's the food chain. It works.

If you need support here, try to be nice. No one likes dealing with someone at your level of anger.

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor

JSanders wrote:

DVader wrote:

Not to mention the craptastic level of support they give you by defaul.  I am a lifetime BlackBerry user and here I am on community forums hoping that someone will see this and have an answer.

There you go.

You do known you ARE paying ATT for technical support on this? And any issue they cannot resolve they would ESCALATE up, or should, to BlackBerry Techincal support. That's the food chain. It works.

If you need support here, try to be nice. No one likes dealing with someone at your level of anger.

BAHAHAHA AT&T Support is an oxymoron run by morons! Smiley Happy

Have you ever dealt with their support?  Their #1 goal is getting you off the phone.  I am kind of shocked they don't hang up as soon as people call. Smiley Happy

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks some truth your speaking!

You ready to get help yet or just gonna keep ranting?

You call ATT and get the call ESCALATED up to BlackBerry Technical Support.

Of couse, you might have to actually ask and be nice. Try it that way.

Knowledge Base Updates