Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Here is how I got Outlook and Q10 to sync

This isn't overly technical so work with me. The problem is images. If you have images (pictures) associated with contacts it will fail. In my case here is how I got it to work and I had 925 contacts.

1) in Oultook delete all images associated with each contact you might have

2) I then did exactly the same thing in by Berry contacts where I had associated images with friends or contacts.

3) deleted Faceboook and LinkedIn and Twitter apps.. . all of these apps try to link to your contacts and will import pictures which will kill the sync

4) deleted ALL my contacts from my Berry and reimported them. one way sync from Outlook.

5) scrolled through my entire contact list and where ever some picture had magically re-appeared, opened the contact, hit the 3 little dots and clicked on links and unlinked what ever the app was that was bringing in the picture. BBM llinks can exist and they don't mess you up withtheir pictures and they won't sync to Outlook anyway

also under settings I deleted all accounts except for my core account asscoiated with my contacts. This is the one that was my email account.. You can keep your BBM contacts.

Its a little harsh but I use my Berry for work so be deleting all the fluff such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter I was able to get it to sync and actually sync within a minute. If you need Facebook to survive then I guess you will have to get an iPhone.

I am sure there is a way that is more sophisticated than the above that allows you access to Facebook but after 5 months of whining and cursing that my contacts and calendar were a mess I decided to actually pay to talk to Blackberry and have one of their people help me fix it

Good Luck