Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 7123892049

How Do I Delete Device from Blackberry ID - Link

I bought my frist BB - a Z10.  I had two returns due to defect in the hardware.  My third time is a charm.  I had registered the first two defective phones to my BB ID.  Now, when I go into BB-Link - it shows all three (two previous  defective phones and the good one I now use).

How do I delete the other two devices from the BB ID?  Since I do not have the first two phones in my possession I cant do anything on those phones.

I would like to see only my present phone as linked to the BB ID - and that the BB Link only show, in a tab, the current phone.

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Mobile

Re: How Do I Delete Device from Blackberry ID - Link

Take a look at the guide on how to Remove your device from BlackBerry Link

It also mentions:

Note: When you are signed in with a BlackBerry ID, the devices associated with that BlackBerry ID can't be removed.

So follow the steps without signing in first.

New Contributor
My Carrier: 7123892049

Thank you for your response.  Yes, I can remove a device from Blackberry Link.

NOW - when I start up Link - it shows that I have three BB Z10s linked to that BB ID.  Although I removed from the tabs at the bottom through your suggested settings, HOW can I disassociate two of the previous phones from the BB ID altogether?

I imagine that disassociating the two faulty BB Z10s from the BB ID is done some other way - not through Link.

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Swisscom

Looks like a lot of people have the same problem, and no working solution yet!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Link/How-to-remove-deivce-associated-with-Blackber...

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: TBayTel

Hi,

Sign in to BlackBerry link on your desktop, then click on show disconnected devices at the bottom right corner, wait for any disconnected device tabs to appear on the left and when they do click on the up arrow and select remove device, then they'll disappear for good.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problem is they reappear again the next time you uninstall and re-install Link. All the devices show up again.

What's more, I formatted my PC and now I get two PCs showing up in Settings > BlackBerry Link on my device; the computer name before I formatted my PC and the new one. Yes, I can delete it but if I wipe my device and start over again, that PC shows up again even though it no longer exists/I formatted. We need a way to permanently delete these things!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Also, I'm trying to remove the old device from the BlackBerry Protect website and I can't.  It just says "removing device" but it never finishes.