Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Mobistar
Accepted Solution

How complete is a full backup?

I'm finally going to send my Dev Alpha back and I want to back up all data on the device to restore it once I get my LE Z10, but now I'm wondering how comlete a full backup with BB Link actually is. BlackBerry links only talks about Application Data, Media and Settings, does this include contacts and text messages?? I know the micro-sim can store messages and contacts, but how can I be sure that they are on the sim and how can I back-up them with BlackBerry link (just to be sure)?

Please click the like button if my post helped you! Thank you.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: How complete is a full backup?

I have used the Link backup and trestore on three occasions. It worked very well.

The restore for me was complete. The contacts area is from a server using mobile data to get it back. I found it can take a fair amount of time for all the contact information to be restored after the Link has completed its restore job.

I back up my Z10 at the end of each day, as like I did with my previous Blackberry phones. I am very active with my phone.

Jerry G.
Highlighted
Developer

jerryg50 wrote:

The restore for me was complete. The contacts area is from a server using mobile data to get it back. I found it can take a fair amount of time for all the contact information to be restored after the Link has completed its restore job.

You mean, like, in the cloud? So if I'm connected to wifi with my Dev Alpha, just before i send it, contacts will be synced to the cloud automatically, and when I start my Z10 some time later and log in with my BB ID they will be synced back to my Z10?

Developer

I got my Z10 LE today, and I can confirm that after loggingin with My BB ID all my contacht were synced over the air, no backup neccesary! For other stuff you obviously still need to restore the backup.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

The only options I saw for contacts (and calendars) was to sync with Outlook.

How can I confirm my contacts have been "cloud saved"?
Developer

I don't think that you can confirm it, just make sure that your device is connected to the Internet and logged in to your BlackBerry account.