Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: BTC

Importing Contacts From An Excel File for Z10's

Good Day,

I know there is a way to do this using older versions of the Desktop Software. The main problem is that with the Z10's and our OS 10 devices that it isn't recognized. What we want to do in our office is that when we hand out our mobile phones, that we are able to place a company directory of sorts for all those who have mobile phones distributed to us. We already have this information in an excel file. I want to know if there is a way to do this, so that the contacts can be placed on the new device and merged or synced with the contacts from their older phones or exchange account. Sincerely appreciate any assistance that I can get.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Importing Contacts From An Excel File for Z10's

[ Edited ]

A way that I was able to move contacts was to do this from Hotmail. 

Create a Hotmail account for each phone. If you want them all identical, then create one account and sync asw many phones as you want. Sync the Z10's to the hot mail account. Hotmail can be synced to MS Outlook. Outlook can get the addresses or contacts from Excel as an import. You will have to look up how to do this, but it can be done. 

Import the Excel contacts in to Outlook. Sync Outlook to Hotmail. Sync the Z10 or Q10 to Hotmail. You will have to leave the phones synced. The phones will be active to Hotmail. This is a good way to operate because the Hotmail account will become a cloud backup for the contacts. 

To sync Outlook to Hotmail, you will have to install the Outlook Hotmail Tool from Microsoft. It is called the Hotmail Outlook Connector. 

What I like is when I make a change to the contracts in any of our Z10 phones, or Outlook, or Hotmail, everything follows the change. For us it has been working very well. The phone can theoretically be anywhere on the planet, and as long as it has proper internet access it will be updated. 

Jerry G.