Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8700, Q10
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Installation failure - Windows 7 - erroneous Wizard Was Interrupted Error

During the installation of Blackberry link on Windows 7, just after the question if a desktop link should be created, when hitting next, a screen image with various tiles on it appears for a half second followed by a error window stating that the intallation was interrupted. This process was repeated multiple times and even running the install as administrator. An internet search showed me that others reported this problem since March 2013 but I have no seen any posted solutions to gettting the software installed. Using version 111_b020_multilanguage.

Contributor

Re: Installation failure - Windows 7 - erroneous Wizard Was Interrupted Error

Further information - the system which is failing to install is a 6 processor core system running under 64-bit Windows 7. I just downloaded the same software on my 32-bit 2 processor core Windows 7 system and ... The screen that I noted previously that just flashed by for a half second is the install shield screen which has a color tiled image of the Blackberry Link software. Apparently the install on my 64-bit Win 7 system failed so quickly (reporting the install was interrupted) that the error message reported posted quickly and closed the install shield screen. The software installed properly on the 32-bit system. But it is not of use to me their as I will eventually want the software sync-ing with Outlook on my 64-bit machine.

Contributor

Re: Installation failure - Windows 7 - erroneous Wizard Was Interrupted Error

To continue the story of being unable to install Blackberry Link, I did the following additional things.

1) I ran sfc /scannow to verify if any windows 7 files were corrupted. None were found.

2) I did a Windows Update. Several updates failed to install so I ran the troubleshooter to determine why the updates failed and attempt to fix them. I reran the updater following the troubleshooter and a few more updates were installed and others still did not install properly. So I repeated the troubleshooter one more time. There were some system resets in between but resets alone did not resolve the installation issue as I had tried resets to no avail before.

3) I attempted to reinstall Blackberry Link and this time it completed the install process.