Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

LINK 1722 Error

[ Edited ]

After giving up and rolling back to BB Desktop Software version 6.1, I have been running just fine ever since.

I purchased a new Q10 recently and when I tried to install the new BB Link version 10 software, this problem reared its ugly head again.   Exact same symptoms, exact same’ Error 1722’ message.

I finally got my Blackberry Link Software working with help from Microsoft Technical Support.  Here are the steps that worked for me:

1. Initiated RUN command and ran ‘services.msc ‘

2. Started ‘Windows Installer’ service

3. Started ‘Windows Modules Installer’ service

4. Closed ‘services.msc’

5. Initiated ‘cmd.exe’

6. Executed ‘sfc /scannow’ command

7. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired (and logged) them.

8. Ran BB Link Install package which then installed the BB Link software successfully.

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: LINK 1722 Error

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

VIA | Hall of Famer II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/BDS-v7-Install-Upgrade-Failure-Error-...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply, but the problem was already fixed when I made that post.  

I tried the method you suggested (from an earlier post in this forum, July 2012), including going into REGEDIT and searching for the specific lines to remove, but that did not work for me.  The process that I outline at the beginning of this thread did work.

Thanks again.

It should be noted that I originally report the problem when trying to install BDS Ver 7.0 here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/BDS-v7-Install-Upgrade-Failure-Error-...

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

Thanks so much for posting this!!!

It actually helped me resolve my issue of NOT being able to successfully uninstall BB Desktop Software 7.1

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

Another BIG thanks!

My original problem was actually trying to upgrade my BB Link to BB 10 Blend and Link.  It wouldn't install, so my first step was to ensure all old desktop versions were removed.  And..that was my first reply for being able to finally uninstall successfully.

I now re-booted after that uninstall, and then attempted the new install again.  BINGO!  We have a winner.  Install successful!

Thanks again for spending the time to post your solution!  Very much appreciated.