Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

LINK software not working on many fronts

Two issues right off the bat on BB link software

1.  Cannot log in to BB ID on link.  Cannot hit create new account or forget password either.  Amazing really for new software.  I can log right in to BB ID from browser so I know id and password work and I can see account info.

2.  Trying to port over data from torch 9810 to new Q10 as per the BB instructions.  Link gets hung and never does back up on Torch so worthless again.

Spent 40 mintues on phone with BB suport, then ATT, who then connected me to BB support and 3 people did nto help at all and then patch me thru to the beginning all over again.  What **bleep** support.  I have iphone and had many and switch is so easy.  BB i always kept since liked keyboard but looks like it will be getting packed up and sent back as i think i finally am giving up on BB as its crappy software is still a nightmare like BB desktop was but at least that was better than this which has reached new low.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: LINK software not working on many fronts

I had a similar issue and was unable to get BB Link to sign into my blackberry ID.  After trying numerous things including several reboots, reinstalls, disabling firewall etc... the following fixed my issue.

1.  Complete uninstall of BB Link

2.  Complete uninstall of BB Dektop Manager

3.  Reboot

4.  Run registry cleaner (CC Clean)

5.  Reboot

6.  Reinstall BB Link

7.  Reboot

8.  STARTED WORKING

I was able to use BB Link to transfer the settings from my Torch 9850 to my new Z10 wihtout any issues.  However I did add all of my accounts to the Z10 first (4 email accounts-1 with calendar, facebook, twitter)

Give that a try perhaps it will work.  I had nearly given up until i tried the complete removal and registry clean.

Good Luck

Rick