Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Too many to list
My Carrier: AT&T

Link 1.2.2.13, Q10, and Contacts: Time

Working with a new computer, Win 7.  Outlook already installed with all 3,000+ of my contacts.  I have about that many also in my phone, but I wish to do a 2 way sync with this new computer to get everything equal.  Everything is set up properly, and things go smoothly, up until what appears to be the last step.  Now, Link has the blue bar, full and darker like it should, but I've been waiting now 30 minutes for it to go on to the next step.  It doesn't give me any info on what it's doing (e.g.. A simple Google search found many people get stuck on the text "Preparing to sync", which I sat at for about 5 minutes), the computer has Link running 2 - 5% of my processing power (compared to 50+% during syncing), and there is no "Next" or "Continue" button.   With 3,000+ contacts, do I need to give Link more time to complete, or is there an issue with the software/corrupt contact?

Link is 1.2.2.13.  Blackberry is the Q10, fully updated.  I miss Link 1.1.*, the user controls are completely different and most help topics don't have the new setup.  

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Link 1.2.2.13, Q10, and Contacts: Time

I gave up on this version of the LINK software.  There is something wrong with it.  I got no support from my provider and Blackberry Tech support wanted to charge me for a solution.

I down graded to Link Version 1.2. 1.31 and I have been able to synch my contacts.

I have larned  not to update the Link Software when asked to given often it does not work.