Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550 Torch 9800 Torch 9860
My Carrier: MTN

Link isn't useful

I truly don't see the need of introducing Blackberry Link, that can't detect phones, why didn't the dev team improve or upgrade the traditional blackberry desktop to work for all device?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Link isn't useful

Oh wow, it's been quite useful to me, it connects, syncs, backs up my data, etc.

If you're having issues with Link, could you post some detail on whats happening (or not) and see if you can get some assistance rather then just assuming it doesn't work for everyone?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thank you J Sanders, link won't detect my Z10 I have done virtually everything, install, reinstal, update and hard reset the device, used a different pc and still not detecting my device it ends up showing a message with "Blackberry Smartphone unplug error" and on blackberry link it shows unplug device only with a caution sign.

End of story link won't detect my blackberry Z10 i would appreciate if anything can solve this.

BlackBerry Link will not detect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone when connected using Wi-Fi

BlackBerry 10 smartphone is unable to connect to BlackBerry Link via USB

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

J Sanders thank again but those link but they were not helpful, what I did was I played around my usb drivers and uninstalled all drivers and download a driver software, i turned on the power management off and that did it for me. Also another reason link isn't important is due it it irrelevance blackberry desktop can do what link does it should be a universal software we need space on our pc, if link was something close to Samsungs kies we would have appreciated, you can't do sync messages, sms, contacts, from other devices that is very poor, with my Samsung Kies i can make use of my blackberry data and they work perfectly well.

Ok, but it is what it is and now we have Link for the BB10 devices.

I don't disagree with your reasoning, but none of us here can control that BlackBerry has introduced Link.

It's there and it's what we must use.

Knowledge Base Updates
Developer
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling BlackBerry Link? 

Also, does your computer actually detect that something was connected via USB?