Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Link not restoring backup file.

Hey,

I backed-up my z10 with BB Link on my Mac.  Everything was successful.  I wiped my device and restored it to factory settings.  Now I want to restore the backup and it wont let me.  I even tried the previous backups from a the last few months but nothing works.  When im on my Mac, it tries to load and gets stuck at 664KB, then the device just restarts.

I even tried to restore the backups from a PC (downloaded a fresh copy of link), and no luck.  

My link is fully up to date and so is my device running 10.1.0.4181.

I called my carrier and they couldn't help me. I hope someone has a solution because I really need my files back.

Thanks in advance

FG

Contributor

Re: Link not restoring backup file.

Dear Blackberry,

I have spent over 10 hours on the phone with different tech supports trying to get this sorted out.  I have 2GB of files in a Link Backup that need to be restored ASAP.

You should probably get moving on this problem because others are having this issue too...

It's a good thing the company is being bought out--hopefully by an American firm--so it can actually start making decent products again...

Contributor

still waiting for an answer...

Contributor

not sure why blackberry has a forum if they arent going to help the people that post on it...

still waiting. 

cant wait until heinz sells it to another company that will actually start producing decent products again