Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Media Sync Doesn't Work

I can't sync media (pics, movies, videos) from pc to z10

I downloaded Link and new drivers fine.

When I try to sync it either syncs forever (spinning wheel) or I get an error saying no connection (yellow exclaimation mark).

I'm trying with Windows 7. My friend had the same issue with his PC, but did not have this issue with his iMac.

(why does everything 'just work' on Apple? Smiley Sad )

anyone have the same issue?

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Media Sync Doesn't Work

Hello dk350125

Welcome to the forums. 

When you are doing the sync are you following the steps as listed here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/49304/lym1345038015505.jsp 

Also you can have a look at the following link which will cover some common troubleshooting steps for syncing music, pictures, videos, and documents.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/49304/lym1339792638436.jsp 

Let us know how you make out and if you have any other questions. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have followed all the steps that you have mentioned. I would note that I have reformatted my media card and have USB mass storage device switched off. Also, when I look at my device settings on my phone, it recognizes that there is a media card there but on blackberry link it says 0kb. I don't understand if that refers to memory used or available. If it's the latter then it would seem to be incorrect. 

-DK

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey dk3500125,

Thanks for the reply.

We are going to need to troubleshoot this further and gather some logs.

Did you receive your BlackBerry Z10 from the launch event or did you purchase it from your network service provider? 

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Contributor
My Carrier: Koodo

I'm also having this problem. Running Blackberry Link on MacBook Pro (Snow Leopard). Just bought Z10 from Koodo in Canada this morning. Media (music and videos) show up in Link as if on the Z10. But both video and music apps on Z10 do not show any media.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey jasonhoffman,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Do you do a manual synchronization or an automatic synchronization?  Also is mass storage mode enabled under Settings>Storage and Access

If you drag a picture or song to the BlackBerry in BlackBerry Link, does it show a +1?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

I have tried both automatic and manual. It is currently set to automatic.

I do not see an option for "mass storage enable/disable" under Settings>Storage and Access on my Z10.

It only shows options for USB connection type. Mine is set to Mac; Access using wifi; Device storage details.

When I drag and drop a green + appears. Ten a window pops up "preparing to sync". Then it says "sync complete".

In Link the songs appear to be on my phone - says I have 321MB, each time I add a new song the number gets bigger. But in my device storage details on the Z10, its says I have 0kb of music.

Contributor

I am able to move music from my dropbox folder in the Music folder on the Z10 successfully. The music is there and it plays. It also shows up in Blackberry Link.

After doing this I tried once again to drag and drop from Link to the Z10. Same issue. I only have the music on my phone that I moved from dropbox.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

My problem is that when Wifi or mobile network are turned on, my computer doesn't pick up on the phone's memory. Same issue with Playbook