Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: EE

Microsoft outlook sync?

[ Edited ]

upgraded from torch to z10 and now cant sync with outlook calendar and contacts etc, something which is very important to my job. Am i doing something wrong or is it not supported? If the latter, then this is poor... Love the phone but it has to do its job, which all other blackberry phones do well.  Help???

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Microsoft outlook sync?

How are you trying to sync them? I believe Blackberry is moving in the direction of over the air sync'ing for PIM data rather than via USB given they have missed this function from Link. 

Contributor

Tried using BlackBerry link, but the sync is missing. I have no idea how to do it any other way. 

Any other ways to sync with Microsoft products would be grateful. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

You may find something if you have a google, but Blackberry appears to have dropped the sync element. 

What email service do you use? If your contacts, calendar etc are all sync'd to the cloud (Exchange, Gmail, Outlook.com, hotmail etc) you can set the account up on the Z10 and these will sync over the air automatically. 

Contributor

i am using virgin media email into my microsoft office outlook software. not outlook.com.

havnt used the cloud...or know how to.

can i sync outlook to this cloud and then to my z10?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Yes you can sync outlook to cloud and then access cloud via device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8830
My Carrier: Sprint

I've been monitoring this issue and posted a similar subject (Will BB10 + BB Link natively sync to Outlook?). While I don't have a BB10 yet (and may not need to if it won't sync via USB to Outlook) the only solution I've found that may be available is Deja Office / Companion Link. Their website mentions they will support BB10, but then why use a BB at all? I had considered an Android w/ Deja Office in the event the new BB10 didn't live up to expectations. I never imagined they would drop the one feature I rely on the most. I am also posting to your message to keep this issue at the top of the list. Perhaps if BB is paying attention they'll realize their monumental blunder and correct this ASAP.

Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

" I never imagined they would drop the one feature I rely on the most."

this is a major oversite on bb part. i hope the fix this fast.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I just upgraded from my Blackberry 9700 Bold to the Blackberry Z10. Restored my data got everything setup but cannot sync to my Outlook Contacts and Calander ? This is why I wanted the Blackberry !!!!  HELP

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Freeskiken wrote:

I just upgraded from my Blackberry 9700 Bold to the Blackberry Z10. Restored my data got everything setup but cannot sync to my Outlook Contacts and Calander ? This is why I wanted the Blackberry !!!!  HELP

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is some discussion that might help you.

Things are different, but you CAN accomplish calendar and contact synchronization between your PC Outlook and your Z10...just in a very different way; you need an internet-based conduit (e.g., HotMail).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................