Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Not able to sync z10 with link running on mac

I am having trouble syncing my z10 with link on mac. i am able to connect the phone, link detects it as well, but then it seems to freeze on "enable wireless access" , anything i choose, backup or sync, keeps showing the progress bar, but nothing happens. 

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Not able to sync z10 with link running on mac

Same here - very frusturated.  When I try to drag any file over from my z10 to the mac it simly says, "preparing to sync."  But nothing ever happens.  Great phone, but this is surprising.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

I was able to get it working.

Please try the following :

1. Go to storage and access in settings, enable wifi sync.

2. With your phone and mac on the same network, open finder, Go to server, replace the default IP with your phones IP ( see about - network section in the settings menu on phone) , upon clicking connect you will see a Auth dialog, enter BlackBerry As username and password will be same as you entered when enabled wifi access in step 1. This takes a while to connect. Smiley Happy

3. Once connected retry syncing the phone from link. Also when you select your device from finder left menu, you should be able to see all the files, yo can also sync manually from here.

I also deleted the previous blackberry desktop manager and reinstalled link.

Hope it works, good luck!!!!
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi, so I am having the same issue. I can mount the folders by IP, as well as browse it by device name on the network, however Link will not see it over WiFi. It's working normally through the cable but would like to get the wireless sync running.