Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

OS Update

While link knows that my Z10 has the latest OS version, it keeps telling me I need to update. Even though it is current, I tried it anyway. LInk still wants to update. I tried reinstalling Link, again with no luck. If it is always telling me I'm not current, I'll miss it when a new update really is available. Any ideas how to stop this?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: OS Update

Hello CrashDavis,

Which version of device software are you currently running on your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone and which version are you being prompted to install?

Also, which version of BlackBerry Link do you currently have installed?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for getting back to me.

The answer to the first two questions is the same: 10.0.10.116

As to the third question: 1.1.0.37. However, this brings up a quirk. Last night I uninstalled Link, downloaded build 38 (at least that is in the file name) from the site, and installed it. Today, to answer you I saw that I had build 35. LInk wanted to update itself, but it only did to build 37. And, I still have the same answer to the first 2 questions.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

CrashDavis wrote:

While link knows that my Z10 has the latest OS version, it keeps telling me I need to update. Even though it is current, I tried it anyway. LInk still wants to update. I tried reinstalling Link, again with no luck. If it is always telling me I'm not current, I'll miss it when a new update really is available. Any ideas how to stop this?

I think the issue is due to your carrier having apps installed with the OS that you maybe deleting. 

Update and report back if NEW icons that you recall originally having show up again Smiley Wink (most likely this is the case). I found this out with Rogers Wireless when I delete about 4 of the apps that come bundled with their Z10's OS, both in 10.0 and in 10.1 from last week. 

If I'm correct ... 

1) you should no longer see BB Link nor your Z10 stating you need an update

2) move your providers apps into a folder ... call it "junk" or whatever you want and just don't remove them. 

^ think of this as those provider pushed Service Books that download apps or icons to have apps installed like that on the legacy BB's.