Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: BB Z30
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Outlook Task sync

hi jxmbo

from my limited knowledge abotu these things, it seems that the syncing seems to work for the BES (exchange) and for certain business linked BB users.  But for an individual using the phone, for business or not, they seem to have reduced this functionality. 

There appears to be no way  to contact BB directly, and no chance of getting any response.  You would have thought they would at least check thier own forums, but NO!!. i also sent a message on facebook, which yielded a similar non response.

some good things on the BB10 software, but some frankly rubbish parts, very much reduction in user exerience.

Good luck with your smartphone hunting...

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: at&t

Well.... I gave up on BB because they gave up on all of us!  I went with an iPhone.  I don't like the imaginary keyboard, but all of the phones now have it.  I had to make a choice and decided to take the iPhone because most people I know have it (built in support).  I will also be able to use an iPad at ballgames and such.  Even the AT&T rep said I would be better off with either the iPhone or the Samsung.  Now using it for about two weeks.  It works very well but I still miss the real keyboard.

This will be my last post

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10 - no longer
My Carrier: Telus

I hope it works out for you. I had used the iPhone for about 10 months in the past, currently using a Motorola alongside my Q10. Both the iPhone and the android create their own whole other set of issues with regards to syncing with Outlook. The only solution with the iPhone was companionlink with dejaoffice - and that was a work-in-progress to say the least. I've tried a few options with the Android. So far the best option for me (and I know most people will hate this and I have my reservations too, but it works) is using companionlink (I had already purchased it because of the iPhone) to sync my calendar and contacts to google. For my tasks and notes, I had already moved to evernote. Another decent solution on the android was androidsync. It was a direct USB sync that worked quite well. I honestly can't remember my reason for sticking with the companionlink & Google sync solution over the androidsync & direct USB sync. I think it had something to do with having a question for support & they didn't get back to me. Either way, they both worked. Good luck.
Contributor

So much hassle and levels of trying to sync. I feel for you bbb. Sounds like you have a working system in play.

Syncing on BlackBerry os7 worked smoothly and fairly easily, but now no longer Smiley Sad

Come on BlackBerry. Make your users proud!
Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

I am a long time BB user (previous Palm user) and I just bought a Q5. I noticed the Task sync issue and found this thread, and I am outraged that BB developpers didn't think about synchronising Outlook Tasks. I am joining my voice to all the others here and I believe that BB people should really add this feature.

Meanwhile, I have found this info:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/outlook-task-sync-830705/ 

a kind of workaround with Evernote. I don't like Evernote that much, but I will try this and hope it works.

Contributor

For the record, I hav tried this "work around":

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/outlook-task-sync-830705/ 

and it doesn't really synchronises Outlook. You can import your Outlook notes to Evernote and starts using Evernote, instead of Outlook, to sync your notes with your BB. 

It does nothing with Tasks.

The problem remains for me, I need to sync my Outlook task with my BB device.

I am still within my 15 days to return the BB : any suggestions on another type of phone that can synchronise with Outlook? A Windows phone perhaps (I assume)?

Contributor

Hi parellaxe
Feel your frustration with this. I tried the evernote workaround and it is a hassle and not what I was able to do seamlessly with BlackBerry OS7. Doesn't look like BlackBerry are interested in explaining it sorting out the mess on os10. Sad to say get out hole you can. Sadly I didn't y know until well into my contract.
Now phone freezes at random and cuts off also.
Very frustrated with BlackBerry!!!
Good luck.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10 - no longer
My Carrier: Telus

Hi parallaxe and minpar,

Sorry the "work around" didn't work out for you. I think I wrote that, if not, I wrote one like it.

minpar, you are absolutely correct, it is a hassle to say the least and not even close to how seamlessly simple it was with OS7 and Desktop Manager to sync Task, Notes, Calendar and Contacts. That was a great system they had going. This workaround worked for me, though, with Outlook Notes. The big caveat being that I needed to stop using outlook notes and start using Evernote along side of Outlook for Contacts and Calendar.

parallaxe, as a final workaround, I am not using BB10 at all, I have switched to android (with a 10 month stint with iPhone, then trying android for several months before trying the Q10, which barely made it a week, then going back to android). The simplest syncing between android and outlook that has worked for me (keep in mind, I have read reviews that this has not worked for others) is with something called Android-Sync http://www.android-sync.com/ It is not free, but it works much like Blackberry Desktop Manager did with OS7 syncing direct via usb cable. It creates new "accounts" on the android device (I am using a Motorola Razr HD) called Andoid-Syn Tasks and Android-Sync Notes that the Outlook Tasks and Outlook Notes sync to; the Outlook Calendar and Outlook Contacts sync directly to the respective stock Calendar and People android apps.

For full disclosure, I don't actually use this system anymore either. It absolutely worked perfectly for me, but for other reasons, I needed to sync to my Google account in the cloud and have found yet another system that is working for me. It really has been quite a regretfull pain in the a$$ over the past couple of years once I switched away from BB OS7!! Desktop Manager was great.

If I can be of more help, please let me know. I think I have some knowledge behind a lot of my attempts at making things work that may be of assistance, and I would be more than happy to pass that on to anyone.

Or if I am just making life more difficult for people and a pain in the a$$, I can shut-up too! ;-)

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-mobile

That is the wrong answer, sorry i go back to my Bold 9700

Contributor

For the record, I have installed "DejaOffice" on my BB Q5 and "CompanionLink" on my PC (Windows Vista with Outlook 2007). "DejaOffice" is free on BB World but "CompanionLink" is not. I am currently on their 15 days free trial. This syncs perfectly Outlook Tasks, Notes, Contact and Calendar between Outlook on PC and DejaOffice on BB Q5 both ways. No problems so far.

http://www.companionlink.com/

The down side is that their sync proceedure is ackward and requires several plugging / unplugging between the PC and the BB device. But I could get used to it. The DejaOffice interface in the BB is oldish, from an another era, like on an old Palm. But it seems to work.

But I still believe that these features should be added to BB Link.