Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: O2

Outlook sync birthday in contacts

Hello,

syncing outlook contacts and calender entries with my Q5 works mostly fine. However, there are two issues:

1.) It seems that the time zone of the device and the PC must be identical for the calender entries to be transferred correctly. Otherwise the times get shifted ahead or back. Why is this necessary? Any calender entry should be mapped to the PCs time zone (if none other is set for the appointment) and then be correctly transferred to the phone, no matter which time zone is set on the phone.

2.) Syncing contacts, the birthday entry of each contact (not in the calender but in the contacts app) gets shifted one day ahead (phone + PC on same time zone GMT+1). This only happens when syncing with BB link. If I export the contact to a .vcf-file, email the file to myself, and then import it on the Q5, the birthday (element BDAY in .vcf-file) appears on the correct date. Is there a fix for this malbehavior?

Best regards,

Alex

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2, OS 10.2.1.1925
My Carrier: Orange FRANCE

Re: Outlook sync birthday in contacts

when out of my original time zone i simply avoid syncing my Z10 calendar with outlook.

In my case, it is basically not working. the sync begins but never get to the end. BB Link freezes in middle of task.

The only solution is to reset the bblink on device (problem: loosing all data on the device), changing time zone,  then reconnecting device to bblink on my pc.

I make this when having long journeys.

Any solution to expect by BB ?

Best,

dnamer