Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8700, Q10
My Carrier: ATT

Outlooks Sync Limited Options

The sync setting for sync with Outlook has 3 settings for conflict resolution - use the PC, use the Q10 or Don't sync conflicting data. In Blackberry Desktop if there was a conflict, you were given the oppotunity to select if you wish to use the PC or the Blackberry information as the correct data. Does anyone know if Blackberry Link prodivdes the same option if there is a conflict. With the setting of Don't Sync Conflicting Data, it would sound like it just ignores conflicts and it doesn't give the opportunity to have on versiono of the data override the other.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Outlooks Sync Limited Options

Hi jaymoskowitz,

Thanks for your question.

BlackBerry Links functions and features are different than that of the previous versions of BlackBerry Desktop Software.

You can now set up the option to resolve all conflicts, rather than needing to review each one individually, for quicker sync.

If you know your computer data would have the correct information versus your device, you can set Link to always take the computer data. If your device would have the correct data, then you can specify the device data be used to resolve conflicting data.

Let me know if this helps to clarify.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Blackberry Z10

I need to sync via USB.

I have BB 10 OS 10.1.0.2019.

I have Linc 1.1.1.41

There are 3 options to sync contacts or calendar entries with outlook.

-don't sync conflicting data

-always use what is on computer

-always use what is on phone

These options do not allow the user to seamlessly manage contacts (two-ways) in phone and on the computer.

When choosing to use computer vs phone data, data on the other gets deleted.

When choosing not to sync conflicting data, new data added on a device does not get transferred.

This makes no sense to me.

The Z10 is a nice device, however, without this key management tool, the device is really not the best choice.

BB Desktop made syncing via USB extremely managable.

When will this be upgraded.?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8700, Q10

The functionality in BB-Link is not as an advantage which the Blackberry Technical Advisor seems to project, but is a detriment. If you equally add contacts in your device and on your PC, one can not know in advance if a particular entry on your device of PC is the most up to date one. The current settings for BB-LInk are only valuable if you only make all your entries on the PC or device. There will be times when you have changed an entry on both devices and you must decide which of the two are the most recent. These are the entries that Blackberry Desktop would present to you as conflicts so that you can resolve which is correct. There are normally very few conflicts so resolving them is not a big issue. But the worst part right now with BB-Link, is that conflict are ignored. You don't even get a warning that such a conflict has been located. Instead, you find that you PC and your device have different data for the same contact. I discovered this when in the field and found that I had incorrect contact information on my device, because it never sync'd with the PC. This is a big problem with BB-Link and not a trivial one. It either needs to do what Blackberry Desktop use to do and provide the user the option of selecting the correct information, or it need to at least provide a conflict report.

BTW - if you manually try to correct a conflict by say perhaps deleting the contact on the device so that theversion on the PC is copied over, this will not work. What will happen is the entry on the PC will be deleted when you sync., What you have to do is manuallty edit the entry on the device to match what is on the PC.

My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi There, 

Sometimes I update my BB and sometimes I do my PC. If I only choose one option or the other then it will overwrite data I want to keep. Is there a third option to allow the verification of the conflicts?

(Others have mentioned the same request too)

Thanks