Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

h33
Contributor
My Device: Zed 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Problem Installing Blackberry Link Windows 7 64 bit

I think we have tracked down this problem to a problem on my computer's Win 7 system.

I took my laptop into a Microsoft store, they tried all the  things  I tried as per above,with the same results -  then tried to load Link onto a new, clean Win 7 machine - and it worked.

So I think there is something wrong with my Win 7 vs. something wrong with Link

I am getting my computer cleaned up and Win 7 re-installed -- I will report back if this is the solution.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Also to note is the install states a problem whilst installing the programme was intereupted its to do with the TCP/IP setup connect stop the link software connect the Z10 and check Control Panel and local network connection check the properties and you will find that TCP/IP v6 is not ticked put a tick in the box and close then run the link software the device will now be recognisable in the link software
Highlighted
h33
Contributor
My Device: Zed 10

So I got the laptop back with Win 7 all nicely re-installed and Blackberry Link too - all is well now - it was a Windows problem, apparently

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: celcom

Re: Problem Installing Blackberry Link

[ Edited ]

hiii,,i have a problem with my Q10...i have backup all my data to my blackberry link,,,suddenly my Q10 have a problem..then i send it back to bright point in penang(malaysia)...they replace my Q10 to a new Q10,,then i try restore back all my data,,it's doest'n work..now i have a huge problem...can someone help me to sort the problem...my email add <removed>

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Using windows 7 either 32 bit or 64 on two different computers, I have installed and re-installed run a system cleaner, registered and re registered and I still get the same error.

Blackberry ID is not associated with a device running a blackberry 10 OS.

Anyone got any ideas?

My Device: z10

After installing the latest update my phone started to overheat. As a result what was a 100% charged z10 has less than 20% battery in just under half an hour. (It's usally good for up to 10 hours so 30 mins battery life is scaring me.) Please advise as to how I should proceed to fix this.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

after an update, the phone will process a lot of data in the first days. It will stabilize its battery usage after that. Don't worry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: z10
My Carrier: at&t

I had the same problem today (September 1st, 2014), but I was able to solve it preatty easily. I don't know if it is too late to suggest this:

1. Download the latest version of the BlackBerry link software.

2. Download winrar.exe or winzip.exe and install one of those (I use winrar).

3. After installing winrar, copy your BlackBerry Link installation file in a folder (name it as BlackBerry Link, for example).

4. Extract the files within the installation file by right clicking on it and selecting the option "extract here".

5. All the installation files will be extracted.

6. Double-click on "setup.exe".

7. That's it!

I sincerely hope this will solve the problems for those still facing the issue of installing BlackBerry Link.