Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10, RFN81UW
My Carrier: Rogers

Q10 - Cannot sync with computer

Got the Q10 in June and have not been able to sync with computer.  My service provider told me to wait for an update as many people are having this problem.  Tried to download the update and it wouldn't work.  The error I received this time is 1920 Service BB link communication manager (RIM tunnel Service) failed to start.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.  Has anyone had this problem and can provide info as to how to fix this, like the phone but this is a major glich for me.  Thank you!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Q10 - Cannot sync with computer

Hello,

From that description, it sounds like a permissions issue on your computer where your Windows account does not have sufficient rights to perform these activities. Please be sure that you are using an account on your computer that has admin privileges. Also, try using "Run As Admin". Also, try using the actual Admin account if your account is not that.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Could you please tell me how to be sure my account has admin privileges, and where I fund "run as admin".  I have had the phone back to the service provider twice and they have not been able to get it to sync on their computer either.  Thank you for your help.  Not very technology savvy so would appreciate further input.  L

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Unfortunately, to try and tell you how to check your account for admin rights would be quite a tedious set of instructions, and would have nothing whatsoever to do with BlackBerry...instead, all of that is PC/Windows stuff. You may need to seek support from a PC/Windows forum rather than this BB forum.

But, if they were unable to sync with their computer, and indeed received the exact same error that you reported (unfortunately, you did not reveal that detail), then something else may be amiss. I recommend you continue to work with your service provider and/or your original place of purchase for formal support.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you for your help.

L