Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Q10/Z10 Wireless Connection Error: Unable to set up a wireless connection between this device and BlackBerry Link

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with BB Link on my work computer. I am trying to enable wireless connections to my computer via Link settings for the device, but receive the error "Unable to set up a wireless connection between this device and BlackBerry Link" when I check off the box.

I am signed into BlackBerry ID and have followed the same steps I did on my home computer (which works great). My device is connected to wifi, my computer is on a basic work network with a single static IP address, I've tried using the DMZ feature of my router with my computer's IP, and still no luck.

Is there a limit to the number of computers I can access remotely from my Q10? If so (I imagine the limit is one), will this be changed in the future?

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Q10/Z10 Wireless Connection Error: Unable to set up a wireless connection between this device and BlackBerry Link

Hello supraking,

Are your computers connected to the same Wi-Fi network? The issue you are having may be related to this article:

BlackBerry Link Wi-Fi Sync does not work when trying to connect with multiple desktops at the same time

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33527

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Q10/Z10 Wireless Connection Error: Unable to set up a wireless connection between this device and BlackBerry Link

Hi, it would appear that the problem was resolved after updating BlackBerry Link. I thought I had the latest version because the software did not find any new updates (even though it was set to auto-update). The latest version (1.1.1.32) worked like a charm. Thanks!