Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Q10 sync to Link to Outlook 2007

[ Edited ]

I am running a Q10 with software revision 10.2.1.2102, OS is 10.2.1.2141

Desktop is i7, 32 GB running Windows 7 Professional Service pack 1 which is up to date

App I am trying to sync is Outlook 2007 with 950 contacts. I am ignoring the calendar for now. I use Outlook with no address field modifications. Basically bought it and populated it.

Q10 is plugged in and Link appears operational. Under "Contacts and Calendar. I am "unchecking" calendar and "Checking" contacts and configuring contacts for "one way sync to my device"

I am not syncing any documents or pictures or music and virus protection is disabled

I click "sync "Contacts/Calendar" at 10:20:00

"Syncing your contacts and calendar appointments. Do not disconnect your device."

Message "getting status from Blackberry Address Book" appears and it immediately leaps to half way on the status bar and it sits for 1:45 and then the indicator runs up and downs for a while under the getting status. After a further 45 secs (10:22:30)  it switches to Getting status info from Outlook contacts.

It stays like this for about 3 minutes and then that message switches at 10:25:25 to "Preparing sync preview" and the blue bar is fully extended

at 10:32:05 it switches to another message. I missed it as it was there for 5 secs and is now at  "Preparing sync Preview" with blue bar fully extended. at 10:33:00 updating Blackberry address book data

at 10:34:04 writing to address book data or a quick message like that.

at 10:34:08 it returns to main Sync Contacts and Calendar appts display window

Error message... sync was unsuccessful - failed to commit changes to device

Simple one way write. 14 minutes and failed on writing to device. Times are off by a few secs as I was typing and scanning windows

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 sync to Link to Outlook 2007

[ Edited ]

wilwoods wrote:

I am running a Q10 with software revision 10.2.1.2102, OS is 10.2.1.2141

I will ask a moderator to extract your post and create a new thread on your topic, rather than our continuing to litter the OP's discussion.

Cool?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Thanks JS.

Absolutely cool. Hopefully you realize I wasn't being a jerk. I love Berry. I even own the Facebook group "Buy Blackberry" and I was going to try a social media push campaign to promote stories of why you want a Berry but I haven't had the time

d

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

wilwoods wrote:

Thanks JS.

d

Great, I know you're not... just your wording is caustic.

On my truck, the right passenger mirror remote electronics is broken. Has never worked properly, does work at times, never well.

My truck is not broken or 'does not work'.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code