Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Q10 sync to MS Outlook 2010 - Notes and Tasks

Hi there. Yes I keep asking myself why am I doing this. I am on Pay and Go and live Part of the time in Spain and regularly swap newrorks so my phone is unlocked. I have two sons who keep telling me to dump Blackberry but I have I resisted swapping and going to Apple or Samsung. The thing I do not understand is, with all our comments that Blackberry anywhere does not make one comment. Its as iff there is nobody there. (I want to say that when the last man leaves could they switch of the lights)  If anybody from Blackberry is reading this at least make a comment.

As I said because of need I had to invest in this software and at the moment it works.

Like you I am a loyal user of Blackberry but my loyalty is getting less as time goes on. A COMMENT YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING>

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Over the past week I have spoken to a lot of fellow BB users and it's amazing how dispondent they are. Every Q or Z user, except one, appears dissatisfied. A couple of my team are now looking at alternatives and I suspect that the whole company will switch away from BB, which is incredible really when you think how good they were.

I spoke to a guy in their inappropriately named "customer support" team and eventually had to demand to be put through to his superior. It was astonishing becasue neither of them had the first idea of looking after customers.

The irony was that the first guy I spoke to at BB was actually very helpful but we ran out of time becasue I had to leave for a meeting. Thereafter it was impossible to find anyone who actually believed that I had been speaking to someone who had been supportative.

I very politely explained that I thought I could see why the company was in such dire straits and that with such attitude they could not possibly get through the coming months. He obviously appreciated my comments becasue he put the phone down on me!

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Well at least you spoke to somebody, you know I even sent an eMail to the CEO  Jo Chan

Copy of all my emails below. Enjoy reading.

It looks like you are part of a large company and I guess if I was in your position I would just change phones as I could not justify the impact it would have on my business.  This is so sad,  Regards

Hi there again

As you did not have the courtesy to reply to my eMail, this feature was so important that I have spent quite a lot of time trying to find a solution.

Your Customer Services wanted to charge me £49 to speak to them. I am pleased to say that I have sourced an App that works.

http://www.bb10outlooksync.com/ Guess what it works I now have a sync of notes and tasks In your Remember Folder. . 

You should call your support team and find out why they have forgotten the Notes and Tasks Function, letting a software house do the job that Blackberry could not, rendering your Blackberry Link software useless.

I would like to also comment.

The Alarm Function on the Z10 does not operate automatically and is difficult to read at night.

Sync functions do not work using Bluetooth and I must admit I could not do the over Air Sync.

I do not see that you will take any notice of what I am saying

Again read what your customers are saying. https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Link/Outlook-Task-sync/td-p/2521395/page/4

I read that Blackberry is not liked by many companies and that other phones are being recommended and it is things like customer services and lack of basic features is the problem.

Hoping that you read this as a positive comment, I am a dedicated Blackberry user and this problem has caused me much distress, thankfully I have a work around that has cost me £20 and a week of my time.

I have posted details of this workaround on your Twitter feeds.

Regards

Mike

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Sent: 02 April 2014 10:23
To:
Subject: FW: Blackberry Z10 sync with outlook 2007

For the attention of the CEO Blackberry again

I am not sure if you are reading this these eMails but I find it very bad that all these comments are being ignored. I really don’t mind who answers but an answer would be appreciated.

For me this is so bad that I am in the process of reverting back to my Old Bold phone at least it works.

The Notes and Tasks functions on the Outlook sync just worked on previous versions but seems to have been forgotten on the Z10 and Q5 .

I guess you wont mind if your product is reviewed on  @BBCClick they really get into things.

I don’t like doing things like this but you are leaving thousands with no option.

You have a great Phones but sadly such a basic things like this has stopped many users from using Blackberry. 

Regards

Mike

Sent: 31 March 2014 17:18
To:
Subject: Blackberry Z10 sync with outlook 2007

For the attention of the CEO

I thought you may like to read a few of these comments about Z10 and Outlook sync

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Link/Outlook-Task-sync/td-p/2521395/page/4

I think its really sad that Blackberry is ignoring its customers, we have supported you for many years but it looks like you are losing the battle.

I know this is not down to you personally but as CEO you could at least get a Technical director to investigate before its to late.

Must admit that when my sim adaptor arrives I am swapping back to my Bold which works perfectly.

Regards

Mike

Sent: 31 March 2014 08:12
To:
Subject: Blackberry Z10 sync with outlook 2007

Dear Sir

I must apologise for contacting you directly but I can find no way of trying to get Blackberry to help.

During the last week I took delivery of a Z10 which is a fantastic phone. I just love the Ease of use, the Camera, Media sync, Video and HDMI link to a TV and many applications, however all that said I cannot understand why it does not fully link to Outlook nor does the Q5.  It will sync the Calendar and Contacts but Not Notes and Tasks.

I thought it was me but looking at many media feeds there are literally thousands of companies and individuals who cannot do this and are considering their options, I am an ardent supporter of Blackberry and am resisting going to Apple but I looked at the Apple iPhone and it just works.

According to your Posts you are trying to get Blackberry on track, well one thing you can do is to get this resolved and then let the world know.

I realise that I may just be one individual but if you check with your development team you will see that I represent many.

This problem of Sync of Outlook from my PC to my Z10 is so important that I may just have to revert to my old Bold which works perfectly.

Blackberry link needs to be sorted.

I hope that you will at least have the courtesy of acknowledging this email.

I wish you well in trying to sort out the problems of Blackberry.

Regards

XEricsson

Mike

Mod Edit: Edited post to remove personal information to comply with the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use

Highlighted
Contributor

UNbelievable. 

Well it would be if the same thing hadn't happened to me!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 again, Q10 in storage
My Carrier: Globe

Another extremely frustrated and disappointed BB user here.

After wasting so much time experimenting with BB Link and third party sync software, and losing important Outlook data in the process, one day I just asked myself "Why are you doing this?" and returned to my Bold 9900.

You know what? All the bells and whistles on my Q10 are not missed when I return to the seamless, almost no-brainer sync with Outlook on multiple computers. Plus, the 9900 offers daily backup via Blackberry Protect...how could BB have omitted even that?

At least this thread led me to another sync option in case I have to use the Q10 again, although the other phone brands now stand head and shoulders above BB. Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: BB Z30
My Carrier: vodafone

i had a request to give some feedback to BB. I was very pleased to give them my thoughts!!  fat load of good that is going to do.

Now the contacts do not sync, am left with doubles, errors on various fields. Nightmare

It seems if there is a MOD acting on a couple of the messages, then someone must exist at BB.

PLEASE READ THE DIGEST THE CONTENT OF THE TOPIC, AND NOTE THE EXTREMEMLY UNHAPPY BUNCH OF CUSTOMERS BB HAVE USING AND LOOKING TO STOP USING THE BB.  DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

I was amused to see the CEO of RIM saying they had an 80:20 chance of surviving. That made me chuckle!

New Contributor
My Device: Q5

I really want BB to survive, I like their phones, in particular the physical keyboard (I really struggle with on screen keybards but can type at almost my normal typing speed on my Q5).  That's a big part of why I'm so frustrated with this issue.

I've managed to work around it by installing gSyncIt on my PC and syncing to my Google, Microsoft, Dropbox and EverNote accounts then have my Q5 sync to Google and EverNote.  Would really rather not have to work around though.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 again, Q10 in storage
My Carrier: Globe

Exactly! And in my haste to sync with both my "office" and my "travel" computers I ended up screwing up the contacts and calendars on two PCs, in different ways. Months later I'm still catching errors.

I, too, replied to the BB survey and gave top marks because at that time I was still on OS7. All I can do now is  use my Bold 9900 until it quits.

I wonder if BB will still be around then...?

Contributor

After a "lifetime" of BB I did something that I thought was unthinkable................switched to another manufacturer. I hate touchscreen but I have to say the S5 is a very capable device. Apps are good, emails OK, connectivity is OK, screen is excellent as is camera and video. All in all, if BB had given a **bleep** I'd never have known what the competition had to offer.

In short, they have such major issues with the platform that they have switched all resources customer care to resove the core problems they face. Effectively they are relying on their loyal followers stcking with them through thick and thin............however, from what I hear in business that just isn't happening. In short it's a clusterf*** and I'm glad I'm out of it, even if my alternative isn't perfect. There's life after BB and RIM had better wake up and take notice rather than ignore their client base!