Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: EE

Q5-This BBID isn't associated with a device running BB10 OS, or there was an error accessing your info...

I bought a Q5 on Monday, however unless I can get this issue resolved I'm taking it back. I urgently need all my contacts, lists, etc. transferred over, and to have Link working for backup. There may be lots of cool stuff after step 3/4 on Link, but I may never know at this rate.

I can see on the forum that other people have had the same error & there doesn't appear to have been an answer. I'm not the most IT savvy in the world, but I've tried everything I've found on forums that looks related and that may work - logged off BBID, logged on-on both my phone & Link, installed & uninstalled Link, checked the firewall, restarted, but I keep getting the same message. 

Please help, I would like to love my new BB, I loved my old Curve, but right now I just want to cry with frustration.  This is the first smartphone I've had, but after several hours of futility I still have a largely useless phone, so unless this can be resolved in the next 24 hours I'll most likely take friends advice, let them say 'told you so' & go get an Apple or a.n.other brand.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Q5-This BBID isn't associated with a device running BB10 OS, or there was an error accessing your info...

Hey EllyK,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest performing this workaround and then try to login to BlackBerry Link:

1. Open BlackBerry World on the BlackBerry smartphone and sign in using the BlackBerry ID. 
  2. Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone to the computer. 
  3. Open BlackBerry Link
  4. Sign in using the BlackBerry ID. 

Let me know if the issue still persists.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!