03-26-2013 11:19 AM
This does work, but to expand a little, do this:
1. Connect the old phone (Storm2 in my case) to BlackBerry Desktop and make a full backup. Disconnect the phone and close the program.
2. Start BlackBerry Link and connect the Z10. Go through the steps to name the phone.
3. Now do a restore, select "Legacy Device Backup Files" which is where the old phone backup was made.
4. Select the backup you just made.
5. You'll have a much-too-small window you can scroll through and find most of your files. There is also an option to restore all of them. I didn't do that, I just wanted Address Book and a couple of other things, so you're on your own there.
I didn't see a way to move the pictures or videos from the memory card, so I removed that from the Storm2, put it in the full size SD adapter and that into a laptop. They're found in the Blackberry folder on that card.
Good luck, and I hope this works for you.