Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Sync Issue for Blacberry Link on Windows 8.1 with Z10

Can anyone help me please?

I have used my Z10 with Blackberry Link on my last laptop pc (Windows 7) with no major problems for many months. With same knowledge and settings I have managed ONLY to get 5 contacts to sync/transfer and NO calender whatsoever (chosen outlook over microsoft calender) after many attempts over several days on to my new laptop pc with Windows 8.1.

Are there compatibility problems or am I doing something wrong or what please?

Many thanks,

Paul

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Sync Issue for Blacberry Link on Windows 8.1 with Z10

Hello Paul96

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/

Windows 8.1 is not fully complete and lacks many file compatibility.

It is preferable to keep using windows 7 blackberry link.

Regards.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Sync Issue for Blacberry Link on Windows 8.1 with Z10

This is not true in my experience. Link  to Outlook client sync process doesn't work on windows 7 either. I've had at least 3 tickets open on this issue - all of which have been closed without resolution. I have tried Windows 8.1 systems as well as Windows 7 systems. Same problems on both systems. I have spent the equivelent of several days of man hours on this with tech support, provided at least 5 log dumps from all my systems as well as the Z10 and still, no resolution. Been fighting this since January.  Does the message "Failed to commit changes to device" reing any bells? I have even tried deinstalling reinstalling Link on all systems several times. Tried synching contacts only or calendar only. Nothing woirks.

Have a nice day.