Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: vodafone - germany

Sync - Problem

hello, greatings from germany,

my problem is the following.

i have installes bb link and synced calender and contacts from my outlook.
usually i do a sync every day by connecting via usb.

yesterday i got the following errormessage:

"CPreferencesManager: Configuration Value for /Prefereces/Account_1_65538/DevicePIN not set in TransConfig.xml for translator RimBB"

this morning i reinstalled bb link but got the same message.

who ca help?

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Sync - Problem

Got the same error, posted it here on Tuesday... :-(

It seems to me that this problem does not occur regurarly. I tried to exit BBL & start it again. This time all went well till another problem stroke... See my another post from yesterday.

Got no solution to any of these two problems yet.

IMO, this is really serious. Somebody out there at BB should take look into it ASAP. Especially when it's not possible for security reasons to sync the device via cloud, these problems render the device unusable for business use.

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I also have received this error on my new Q10.  Anyone know of a solution?  Otherwise it useless not to have up-to-date contacts or calender on your device...

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I am having the exact problem. It only worked for me the first try when I told everything in Outlook to go onto my new Z10, then after it took forever to do that and seems to look like it added everything. I then told it to sync two ways to test and got the exact error you are having! So frustrating as well as the configuration doesn't have the option to prompt when conflicts, as I make changes in both Outlook and on the phone throughout the day and always sync at the end of the day to merge everything together, I don't want to choose just one or the other to always win Smiley Sad why would they get rid of just a vital part of why I always have had blackberry's since the beginning Smiley Sad I only have a week like to trial this phone and if no fix is in sihgt I will have to return as I don't want to have carry around my curve for the calendar with my Z for the phone until they fix it Smiley Sad

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: vodafone - germany

Hey there ....

anyone there from BB?

could you give us an answer?

something like "we see the problem"?

ore " we´re working on it"?

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Same problems here .

RIM WAKE UP !!!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey all in this thread.

Please read this:  BlackBerry Link displays the error: Sync was unsuccessful error – “CPreferencesManager:Configuration...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code