Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Synch Outlook calendar with Q10 calendar using BB Link

I have already transferred my outlook calendar and contacts to the new Q10, now how do I synch the updates. When I add a new appointment into Outlook, how will the phone get updated.  In the old desktop software it would synch but don't see that feature in the BB Link?

Help!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Synch Outlook calendar with Q10 calendar using BB Link

There is no local sync for Outlook through USB. It's been mentioned that they're working on it but right now it does not exist.

Your options are to wait, sync to a cloud service, or try out a Samsung phone with its Kies software.

Anyone have updates on USB sync?

My Carrier: Bell Mobility

This is outrageous. I have waited for the Q10 and now can't sync with my computer! So much for this being a Business phone.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Orange Switzerland

I am shocked and fed up with all this ! I have called my provider Orange: no idea !. Went to the shop: no idea ! Looked at many forum: No idea !

BB doesn't do anything.

I will get back to my Bold and throw this stupid Q10 in the swimming pool ! I have my Q10 for 3 weeks and it's just impossible to work with it without calendar and contacts synch !

It's even impossible to get a copy of my email send to my PC although the configuration is done correctly !!!

When I send myself invitation from Outlook, they arrive on my Q10 and suddenly they all disappear ! It's a joke !

I use to loooove BB for years but BB is unfortunately dying for sure this time !!!!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

msegu wrote:

I am shocked and fed up with all this ! I have called my provider Orange: no idea !. Went to the shop: no idea ! Looked at many forum: No idea !

BB doesn't do anything.

I will get back to my Bold and throw this stupid Q10 in the swimming pool ! I have my Q10 for 3 weeks and it's just impossible to work with it without calendar and contacts synch !

It's even impossible to get a copy of my email send to my PC although the configuration is done correctly !!!

When I send myself invitation from Outlook, they arrive on my Q10 and suddenly they all disappear ! It's a joke !

I use to loooove BB for years but BB is unfortunately dying for sure this time !!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

A tiny bit more research would have revealed to you this thread (which, btw, is a "sticky" at the very top of this particular forum board):

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Great... nothing new on this.

I have Link 1.1.1.26 and this doesn't help at all.

PS: Have you seen how many Fixed Issues compared to the Known Issues.... :-)

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I think that I am not understanding your issues clearly. This thread has solely to do with sync of Outlook calendar with the device via Link, which is now an available feature. If you need something different, then you are in the wrong thread.

I also sense a lot of hostility from you, and I choose to avoid such confrontations with other users...after all, everyone here are fellow users, trying to help each other out.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

No hostility as long as BB q10 works and as long as as customers we get a service from BB or our priovider: This is unfortunately not the case.

Synch still  just doesn't work for contacts and calendar and I am obviously not the only one with this serious problem.

Synch always fails except for pictures, music, video which is not the reason why I have a BB for 8 years.

We all try to help each others but so far without real success for me and others.

Does anybody found a reason why the contacts/calendar synch fails ?

Grazie

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

Don't know about your contacts issue, but MS Outlook calendar will not 2 way sync using Link/usb. It will only sync from desk to device.  All those appointments I make in the field will never show up...BECAUSE THE PROGRAMMING DOESN'T EXIST.  And BB has no idea when an update will be available. And I quote "...maybe in a month, er...maybe a few months...but not at this time...". I know this because I just spent almost an hour on the phone with support doing 'fixes', to finally have them conclude, oh wait, this won't work because the device does not have this capability.  Case #26776488.  Really??? What are they smoking??? Call me stupid, but shouldn't the new thing do at least as much as the old thing...?

My Device: playbook and 9650
My Carrier: verizon

I'd be THRILLED if my calendar synced.  Everything else does.  My calendar started wiping out entries about a week ago, and now with the latest sync, it wiped out my whole BB calendar on my Q10.  I love the phone--truly the best I've ever used--UNTIL NOW.  I don't mind putting things on Outlook because then it syncs to my Practice Master program (TABSIII) and vice-versa, and I could sync back to my Q10.  But I have a blank calendar and no reason why.