Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

UnKnOwN PC LiNk

Dear BlackBerry Support Community 

I have had this problem since I gave my phone a total wipe, I think it was last month where I keep getting this PC appearing when I enter my BlackBerry Link Settings.

Why would I get some PC I know noting about?

I hope someone can help me with this phenomenon. The one called Desktop 

Yours sincerely

JTV IMG_20140511_172607.png

JTValerie
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Classic

Re: UnKnOwN PC LiNk

As far as I've been able to figure out, it's a previous connection you would have had to the link software.

For example, I tested out the link software then wiped the computer(i can't use it on my main computer), after which I was left with a "desktop-3f5d (just an example). I delete it on the phone, but it always comes back. It's from the install though, I suppose I should have removed the device from link first.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Re: UnKnOwN PC LiNk

Hi BrianZ10

I understand that if I have ever made a link with that PC, which I have no knowledge of, I have never had any links with any computers concerning BlackBerry Link and even at work, I am not part of the management to earn access to the BlackBerry Enterprise their organisation do use.
I've never plugged my phone into any of their PC to generate any form of links.

I am very surprised this is happening, this phone is never out of my sight.

But I hope we can both get closer to why it is happening.
It only began after me wiping my phone and the only connection I use, is my phone hotspot, so I should of had no interception.
JTValerie