Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 971506005010

Unable to Restore Z10

I am using a MacBook and the BlackBerry Link.

My Z10 started doing weird stuff - switching off on it's own, resetting time, showing that there are text messages in the hub but not actually having them for me to view (same with email etc).

I decided to reset factory settings and reload. I created a back-up using the BlackBerry LInk, which was saved on an external HDD.

I am now unable to restore. It keeps saying "No back up files for this device".

My life is in that file and I need it back. Please BB - provide a solution.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Unable to Restore Z10

I am not sure what will correct your issue, possibly moving the files from the external hard drive to your Mac might help.

If that fails you can open the files with this software:  http://www.blackberryconverter.com

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 971506005010

Thanks for taking time to reply.

I went into the BlackBerry store when it opened this morning. In advertently, I got the information that luckily helped...

I was told to log into BlackBerry World before trying to restore - and it worked - but nothing in BlackBerry Link told me I needed to.

Interestingly, I was also told that if I had backedup with an earlier version of the OS and was now using a later version, that restoration would be either a problem or not possible. I am totally astounded this could be the case!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Thanks for replying with that info which may help other users with the same or similar issue. GOOD LUCK !