Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 Desktop Software

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Unable to sign in to your BlackBerry ID. Confirm you are connected to the internet.

I have changed my BlackBerry ID inside of BlackBerry Link and I would like to know how I can change this in the software, there is no option to do that.  Please help me correct this I can not connect my device.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to sign in to your BlackBerry ID. Confirm you are connected to the internet.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Re: Unable to sign in to your BlackBerry ID. Confirm you are connected to the internet.

That is of no help.  The Phone has the correct account information, the desktop software was tied to it, (which I have now forgotten which it was since I just set it up today) Found details about my BBID and set the phone up with that.  Now I am attempting to reconfigure the Desktop application to sync my device.  It offers no ability to change it.  And I am not wipping the phone a second time...  Thanks, but no thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

I'm sorry, but your original wording confused me...refer:

kpjr831 wrote:

I have changed my BlackBerry ID inside of BlackBerry Link and I would like to know how I can change this in the software,

From that, I understood that you had already changed it inside of LINK, and need to to now change it in the device software. Now that I understand you mis-stated your issue, what you need to do is remove completely the LINK software and reinstall it from scratch, at which point you will be able to reconfigure it fresh.

Good luck.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Sorry for the confusion, but I have done a full removal and a removal from the registry, but the software continues to have the original login that I entered initially even after a reboot.  That is why I came in to find out more of a techinical reply.  I am an IT professional at one time and would like a low-level tech to walk me through the areas to either manually enter the data in the files or the registry where ever the data is stored. 

Key upgrade to LINK would be to offer a change the details of the login, in case the user fat fingers the wrong information.

Hall of Famer III

I'm sorry? I'm not sure you understand precisely the audience you are conversing with here...refer:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

I understand the aspects of a forum, have been a part of them as a contributor and as an authority.  Learning about that again is unhelpful and appreciate the help as an authority that you are attempting to offer, but I am hopeful for more information than a link to another thread.  If there is another thread that directs me to my answer my question regarding LINK it would be well recieved over the response you had sent.

I went through the software help files and they are not giving me the information I need.  There is a refrence to click, I forgot my password, which is not a part of the software.  It appears the application is missing some needed parts.  This is why I would like more technical information to get into the guts of the application, so that it will ultimately ask me again for the correct information.

Hall of Famer III

You keep demanding deep technical information from this user-to-user community. And you seem to refuse to read the important information I give you, since it's not the answer you demand, but rather an attempt to help you understand that what you demand may not be available here. As such, I just don't have anything else that I care to offer to offer you.

When you actually offer "help" I will gladly acknowldge it.  Unfortunatlely I am "demanding" help because this is highly aggravating that I can not even add anything to this device that it is accepting .  My e-mail addresses for my own server aren't bein able to be added to the device, so all the device to me is right now is a "phone".  Of which the other features that are normally managed from the BlackBerry Desktop and the Web portal are no longer useful to manage the devices.  I have used these devices for 10 years and this is by far the worst migration process I have ever had.  So if I am "demanding" I am sorry, but this is beyond the normal behaviour for BB.  Thoroughly disapointed that I have to ask for support in this manner, so please forgive my frustration.